Arizona Chickens

Thinking about it...

I already broke the broody hen, at least for now. She lay's a beautiful light tan egg. The Cowgirl lay's a nice sized green egg. Babygirl lays a good sized brown egg, and Crazygirl lay's a cream colored egg that should be getting bigger soon.

This is one of your NN girls I got from @City farm -- her legs are a light yellow. She is buds with the smaller Barred Holland, you can see their legs are both yellow. She is a light grey pattern and lays green eggs.

One of the 1 month old chick's that I mentioned a couple of posts ago, look's like it's going to have that same coloring and has the yellow leg's.

I already broke the broody hen, at least for now. She lay's a beautiful light tan egg. The Cowgirl lay's a nice sized green egg. Babygirl lays a good sized brown egg, and Crazygirl lay's a cream colored egg that should be getting bigger soon.
Good info - I was wondering egg colors (I know you've told me before). If I had them in with Roger and the egg layers (all white eggs except Wyandotte's is brown) then I'd be able to only hatch colored/brown eggs and get NN or NN Wyandotte cross which would be my goal in that coop for dual purpose chicks. Along with more colorful egg basket that people like.

Still thinking... I have to subtract from my flock before I can add...traveling for work and a sale next door is postponing the subtraction process - need less eyes nearby to subtract.

Good info - I was wondering egg colors (I know you've told me before). If I had them in with Roger and the egg layers (all white eggs except Wyandotte's is brown) then I'd be able to only hatch colored/brown eggs and get NN or NN Wyandotte cross which would be my goal in that coop for dual purpose chicks. Along with more colorful egg basket that people like.

Still thinking... I have to subtract from my flock before I can add...traveling for work and a sale next door is postponing the subtraction process - need less eyes nearby to subtract.
Unless you do your subtracting over here . . .;)

If you want them, then they are yours. I know that you will take good care of them.

My white eggs are still pretty small. But, it is easy to separate them from the other colors, which sell better.

My white eggs are still pretty small. But, it is easy to separate them from the other colors, which sell better.
My egg flock with Roger lays mostly big white eggs - so between the brown egg layers in with Hollands and Roger's flock I get a good mix of BIG white & brown to sell/trade. Smaller white eggs from Hollands and Polish I eat or give to my neighbor here in Chino. Surprisingly 4 Polish faithfully lay 3-4 small to medium eggs per day! Except saving Holland's for hatching now.

Back
Top Bottom