Arizona Chickens

not that you could do anything, but almost sounds like the officers who responded were friends with the neighbor.
I have neighbors in Mesa who will do that when I ask them to turn it down - as soon as I turn to go home they turn it back up. I never felt too bad about my chicken noise when I have neighbors like that.

If Randy Roo is nicer than my Buddy Roo I might trade you and Buddy can go to the cooker! Is Randy a sandhill or from TN? Buddy is headed for the cooker anyway at some point along with a couple other TN Barred Holland Roos that I still have in a sequestered location.

Jimmy Roo (TN Barred Holland) is my best roo of the BHs. I'm marking the possible hatching eggs with a pencil J (Jimmy) or B (Buddy) - one dozen so far.
Well, as far as roosters go, Randy is OK. He eats from my hand and shares the treats with his girls. I can pick up his hens in front of him and do a butt check -- he breeds them ASAP after, like I was a Boss Roo. He does chase the neighbor girl, she loved to hold him when he was little, and I think he is afraid of her! Now, she is afraid of him, but he has never gone after her if she was not running and being a shrill kid. I think he does not want to share me, the treat giver, or his hens, with a dangerous grabber kid. Randy Roo is from Bob in TN, I showed him some pics of Randy and he said he liked the look of him. I did not keep any of the Sandhill boys. They were noticeably smaller at the time I need to decide, when they start to crow! They did not have the advantage of being on grass growing up, either. The hens seem a little smaller, too. They were grown out in the She Shed until they started laying, before they went in to the big bird coop. I think they are hardier, and they are the last to go in when they get out on the grass.

not that you could do anything, but almost sounds like the officers who responded were friends with the neighbor.
Maybe not friends, but young guys like my neighbor. Us old farts just like to complain about their music, I can hear it now. :old

It is just that I do not want to have to hear it, it is not my choice of music. And, it goes on for hours while he hangs out in his carport messing with his car. And every time he comes and goes in his car. He is in and out so much it makes me think he is dealing something. He did not live there when we moved in, but now he is moved in. I can only hope he moves back out.

Maybe not friends, but young guys like my neighbor. Us old farts just like to complain about their music, I can hear it now. :old

It is just that I do not want to have to hear it, it is not my choice of music. And, it goes on for hours while he hangs out in his carport messing with his car. And every time he comes and goes in his car. He is in and out so much it makes me think he is dealing something. He did not live there when we moved in, but now he is moved in. I can only hope he moves back out.

Tell him that you found a nice home in a great place, and that you will help him pack to move. ;)

My next door neighbor at Burnin Daylight Farm is having her annual tomato and plant sale... www.burnindaylightfarm.com/tomato-plant-sale.html

I'm thinking of just putting up a sign of what I'm GOING to be offering for sale indicating available or not available... all I would offer now is Rooted Fig cuttings and eggs, ...later MAYBE chicks. Everyone around here knows about her sale and she has signs everywhere. She doesn't offer any of these items so I won't be competing with her.

I like the sound of a fig tree cutting! I sure wish one of these big old trees here was a fig! I have seen quite a few ads for chicks on craig's list lately. Maybe take orders, then hatch? Or sell the hatching eggs?

I thought of in the future to just take order's for hatching, but I think that at least a down payment on the hatch should be paid in advance just in case they back out. Then you would still be stuck with all of the chick's and in having to rehome them. Maybe make some sort of contract over it?

I like the sound of a fig tree cutting! I sure wish one of these big old trees here was a fig! I have seen quite a few ads for chicks on craig's list lately. Maybe take orders, then hatch? Or sell the hatching eggs?
If you want a cutting I'll bring you some with the hatching eggs I deliver. I don't know if any of these would overwinter up here but you can always grow in pots and take inside OR take cuttings and start new each growing season. I have mine in pots even in Mesa but they stay outside poolside.

I thought of in the future to just take order's for hatching, but I think that at least a down payment on the hatch should be paid in advance just in case they back out. Then you would still be stuck with all of the chick's and in having to rehome them. Maybe make some sort of contract over it?
Yes, orders for chicks or just hatching eggs would be good idea. That's why I'm bouncing this off all you experts here to get better ideas!

If you want a cutting I'll bring you some with the hatching eggs I deliver. I don't know if any of these would overwinter up here but you can always grow in pots and take inside OR take cuttings and start new each growing season. I have mine in pots even in Mesa but they stay outside poolside.
Some figs can live even in Wa state. We are zone 7 in Prescott, I had some plants killed down to the roots this winter, but they are sprouting now.

Back
Top Bottom