Arizona Chickens

It's still sticking its beak out the hole and it looks like it's breathing through the beak. It's been 46 hours. The incubator was stable temperature-wise, but went down on its own, which id did the last two times I tried to hatch eggs, too. I turned it up and am keeping an eye on it. It's been 46 hours since that first crack in the shell.

You may have to quickly remove the egg so that the lid can stay closed, and carefully help to remove more of the shell where the beak is at. Then if there is any of that inner white skin under where the shell was at, dip your finger in a bit of warm water to help moisten it back up and then put the egg back in the incubator with the hole facing up.

You may have to quickly remove the egg so that the lid can stay closed, and carefully help to remove more of the shell where the beak is at. Then if there is any of that inner white skin under where the shell was at, dip your finger in a bit of warm water to help moisten it back up and then put the egg back in the incubator with the hole facing up.
I moistened the white membrane, but underneath it looks like the chick is shrink wrapped, but I'm not sure.

It's still sticking its beak out the hole and it looks like it's breathing through the beak. It's been 46 hours. The incubator was stable temperature-wise, but went down on its own, which id did the last two times I tried to hatch eggs, too. I turned it up and am keeping an eye on it. It's been 46 hours since that first crack in the shell.

Sometimes when the still air one's do that, you have to adjust the temp knob to bring it back to where it should be at.

Still no change in the chick. I hope it makes it.

I just got a text, and the new coop will be arriving on Tuesday. It's 6' x 8' and tall enough for me to walk in. He even put some nest boxes in for me! Yay!! The covered run is also supposed to arrive on Tuesday. It's 4' x 8' x 6' high.

Once it's predator proof, I'll put the Dorkings and Leghorns inside late in the evening prior to a day when I'm sure I will be home all day to watch for possible trouble. They will probably have to set up their pecking order.

That will leave me with a small coop and a chicken tractor for chicks or newbies.

Still no change in the chick. I hope it makes it.

I just got a text, and the new coop will be arriving on Tuesday. It's 6' x 8' and tall enough for me to walk in. He even put some nest boxes in for me! Yay!! The covered run is also supposed to arrive on Tuesday. It's 4' x 8' x 6' high.

Once it's predator proof, I'll put the Dorkings and Leghorns inside late in the evening prior to a day when I'm sure I will be home all day to watch for possible trouble. They will probably have to set up their pecking order.

That will leave me with a small coop and a chicken tractor for chicks or newbies.
Great! I hope your hatchling makes it. :fl

Back
Top Bottom