Arizona Chickens

Well, good luck with those one's too!

When these other one's that I have hatch on June 4th or 5th, I'm taking a break on hatching for the summer. I need to grow all of these out to see what I have and what will stay or go.
How is that hatch coming along? You have a really interesting project going.

Are you going to do a project with cuckoo/barred leghorn rooster X the silver gray dorkings?
No such projects planned, but I will probably hatch some out just to see what they produce. That would be a cross that you don't see every day. Who knows, something interesting might happen.

and is it @CaroleW in chino valley?
Sighting was just down the highway from The Honeyman in Prescott Valley...
otherwise not particularly where I would think a bear might be. It is near some rugged wilderness though.

I've encountered a bear in the wild while hiking to get my family help from getting stung by hive of bees in Smoky Mountains decades ago... I saw him, he saw me, he ran up a tree... it's memorialized in our family's song. Bears still show up in my dreams/slight nightmares.

Last edited:
Welsummer this time. I have no more broody pens right now, so I have two weeks to kick the marans out of the broody pen and put her chicks in with some others. I use those pens to transition little from the brooder to ground before they go to their new homes or to the flock runs. I've also got the brooders full as I have two brooders that need to move to the broody pens and I don't have a free one yet.
Yes I have a Welsummer broody for at least the last week too. She's getting thin. I have to take her out of nest box each night and stuff her in the coop. She goes to eat and I warn her lights out- she finally goes high flying to her favorite rafter to roost while giving the loudest song. First time I heard that I rushed to the coop to see if there was an attack of some kind!

Back
Top Bottom