Arizona Chickens

Is everybody OK after those high winds last night? The chicken tractor was upside down this morning, even though I had railroad ties snugged against the edges to help hold it in place. I moved Rolex and Bulova into a dog kennel on the porch yesterday because I thought it might blow over, so no chickens were lost or injured. *whew*

Is everybody OK after those high winds last night? The chicken tractor was upside down this morning, even though I had railroad ties snugged against the edges to help hold it in place. I moved Rolex and Bulova into a dog kennel on the porch yesterday because I thought it might blow over, so no chickens were lost or injured. *whew*
Good prep, moving those birds! My pen and run and birds are all OK. The water hadn't frozen yet but probably will start soon. I still have to go outside to see if any shingles came off the house roof though.

I'm glad that it worked out ok for you up there, and that you are ok! I think that we must have caught the tail end of it over here. I heard the wind, but it was supposed to be even stronger north of me. We got some rain.

Good prep, moving those birds! My pen and run and birds are all OK. The water hadn't frozen yet but probably will start soon. I still have to go outside to see if any shingles came off the house roof though.
I'm glad that you are ok up there, also!

I have come to realize you can never have enough sandbags when a storm is coming. I ran out of sand and started making earthbags. That was after literally BATTENING down the greenhouse cover with whatever boards I could find and more sandbags.

Then DH was sent home early from work to quarantine (a coworker tested positive & had symptoms). So we got to batten things down with his professional help instead of my weakling attempts! He is reworking some of the GH cover now since he is off work.

I'm counting my blessings... even if the whole thing would've blown away I was still going to counting my blessings. Many people have just had their whole lives blown away in towns less than an hour away from where I grew up so my prayers are for them first.

Good morning AZ. @Geckolady good job being prepared! @CaroleW glad you got some pro help :gig
We’re all good here. There were a few things blown around the yard but the ducks are all here and fine. Daughter went out around midnight because an empty pool was slamming against the house and the ducks were out in horizontal rain. Pip stayed on her eggs but looks fine, she freaked out a bit when I checked on her with a flashlight at 0300.

Well, the high winds are over for the time being, and the two young birds are back in their chicken tractor. There was some gouges in the wood, but it was not really damaged. I was told the gusts were 60-65 mph, but can't find anything saying just how strong they were. There was a sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning, too!

I'm really glad to hear that everyone's OK, and there were no birds injured, either.

Well, the high winds are over for the time being, and the two young birds are back in their chicken tractor. There was some gouges in the wood, but it was not really damaged. I was told the gusts were 60-65 mph, but can't find anything saying just how strong they were. There was a sprinkling of snow on the ground this morning, too!

I'm really glad to hear that everyone's OK, and there were no birds injured, either.
When I watched the 9 o'clock new's last night for the weather report, it said that most of the higher wind was going to be in the north east of Phoenix, so I guess that included you.

I found 3 pullet egg's out there from the girl's today.

Hi all! Have a foodie friend who moved out to Chandler, AZ a while back, she really wants to try duck eggs, but I'm in NY, anyone out in that area that can help her out?
The only duck egg's that I have are currently in my incubator. You might want to tell her to check the Phoenix Craigslist Farming section to find someone close to where she's at, because I have seen some trying to sell duck egg's there before.

Back
Top Bottom