Arizona Chickens

The only duck egg's that I have are currently in my incubator. You might want to tell her to check the Phoenix Craigslist Farming section to find someone close to where she's at, because I have seen some trying to sell duck egg's there before.
that's exactly what I did before I started with ducks, I responded to an ad for duck eggs on craigslist in my area to make sure I could eat them, before buying ducklings.

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. We moved to northern Arizona a few weeks ago with our 3 week old chicks in tow. They are doing well and we are wrapping up the coop build today ❤️. That was definitely a crazy storm a few days ago and the snow if finally melting off.
Hello, and welcome! Nice of you to pop in here! Have you settled into your new place yet? What breed or breed's are your chick's, and how many do you have?

Hello, and welcome! Nice of you to pop in here! Have you settled into your new place yet? What breed or breed's are your chick's, and how many do you have?
We have a tiny home and we brought it with us. So definitely settled and cozy . We have 12 chicks. 6 welsummers( two Roos), 4 double silver laced barnevelder‘s (potentially 3 roo’s), and 2 French black copper Marans (both girls).

I’m wondering if anyone’s been able to have a separate bachelor coop and keep all their roo’s or if I need to figure something else out?

We have a tiny home and we brought it with us. So definitely settled and cozy . We have 12 chicks. 6 welsummers( two Roos), 4 double silver laced barnevelder‘s (potentially 3 roo’s), and 2 French black copper Marans (both girls).

I’m wondering if anyone’s been able to have a separate bachelor coop and keep all their roo’s or if I need to figure something else out?
Some people do set up a bachelor coop, and say that it work's. Other's try to rehome extra rooster's, or even eat them.

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. We moved to northern Arizona a few weeks ago with our 3 week old chicks in tow. They are doing well and we are wrapping up the coop build today ❤️. That was definitely a crazy storm a few days ago and the snow if finally melting off.
Welcome! I live about half way between Flagstaff & Phoenix, so I avoid the worst of the snow and the heat, but still have to deal with both.

Welcome! I live about half way between Flagstaff & Phoenix, so I avoid the worst of the snow and the heat, but still have to deal with both.
I am just shy of 2 hours from flagstaff and same with Prescott. Not terrible snow , but we definitely get a little. We are also very remote/country so the roads are muddy for days/weeks.

Some people do set up a bachelor coop, and say that it work's. Other's try to rehome extra rooster's, or even eat them.
I worry about people trying to fight them if we try to rehome them. We’ll definitely try the bachelor pad first and then we can process them if that doesn’t work. I’ve got another round of chicks coming in March.

I worry about people trying to fight them if we try to rehome them. We’ll definitely try the bachelor pad first and then we can process them if that doesn’t work. I’ve got another round of chicks coming in March.
This way roosters have a good life,, with just one bad moment. But not subjected to cruelty,

Back
Top Bottom