Arizona Chickens

I have only one Aloha pullet left, but she's in the sale group along with 2 of the Lakeshore Egger's. One of the Lakeshore Egger's lays a greenish blue egg. There's also a NN that is an Aloha mix, but she's red like her mother and also is bigger then her mother. There are 2 more younger pullet's then them that should start laying egg's in February.

Yes, I think I would do best to go with doing the Bielefelder's. I know that most people don't like the look's of the Naked Neck's, so if those one's don't sell, I'll just breed them into the Bielefelder's to see if I can develop a Naked Neck that will be sexable at hatch like the Bielefelder's are.

We have a tiny home and we brought it with us. So definitely settled and cozy . We have 12 chicks. 6 welsummers( two Roos), 4 double silver laced barnevelder‘s (potentially 3 roo’s), and 2 French black copper Marans (both girls).

I’m wondering if anyone’s been able to have a separate bachelor coop and keep all their roo’s or if I need to figure something else out?
I've had my latest group of cockerals in a bachelor coop for maybe a month now. Its going pretty well since they can't see/hear any girls from that area. There are some light scuffles between them from time to time. There are 5 cockerals in about 16'x16' pen with a raised coop. Pics in link below...

www.backyardchickens.com/threads/arizona-chickens.31227/post-25110909

Note: I don't plan to keep all these roos since I have 3 roos already with own harems plus one more in separate pen. I'm waiting to see which ones to breed by having time to assess personality and physical traits.

Last edited:
I noticed that Basha's has leg of lamb in their flyer this week. I'm planning on buying one, and then putting my crockpot to work to try out this recipe.

https://www.supergoldenbakes.com/slow-cooker-lamb/
I bought the lamb yesterday for that recipe, along with the rest of what was needed for it. It's now in my crockpot and will be ready for my supper this evening. I will give the rest of the rosemary that wasn't used to the chicken's, because it's beneficial for them from what I read online.

Ok, I have my crockpot going now with that nice Leg of Lamb that I bought yesterday. I started a thread going in the recipe section at BYC, and a couple other people have started sharing lamb and goat recipe's in it if any of you are interested in that.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/anyone-here-like-lamb.1505298/
That sounds great, we usually eat goat for New Years so I’ll have to keep an eye on the thread and see if any recipes catch my eye. Hopefully that leg of lamb recipe is a keeper!

That sounds great, we usually eat goat for New Years so I’ll have to keep an eye on the thread and see if any recipes catch my eye. Hopefully that leg of lamb recipe is a keeper!
I already printed it out so that I don't loose it. It's already smelling good and you can smell it through the whole house! It's driving my dog Buster crazy. :gigThere's a lot of juices from the meat already, so I'll be able to use some of that broth on his bowl of dogfood kibbles later.

If you don't see your goat recipe there, maybe you could add it there. Someone else did, and someone said either lamb or goat can be used.

I wont be online tomorrow, Christmas celebration with family,

Wishing every one that visits here a Happy Holiday,, however you celebrate it.

1640333657280.png

Back
Top Bottom