Arizona Chickens

the one I like is weather underground, wunderground.com. it shows the wind direction and speed, humidity, real feel, etc for **each hour of** the 10 day forecast for your neighborhood.
As long as there is something that you can use in order to stay ahead of thing's weather wise, that's a good thing.

Anyone have a recommendation for wireless cameras to go inside the run and hen house? If they could livestream to my office about 60 feet away, that'd be awesome. We already have security cameras that cover the backyard but I want one or two inside the coop itself. I've been reading up on various threads about them, just wondering what the Arizona people prefer. Aside from maybe strapping a GoPro on a hen. 😄

Also, does anyone feed alfalfa hay to their chickens? There's literally nothing green around here for them to peck at. I have seeds to grow moringa trees but that's a project for next year. The hens will get appropriate food scraps but since it's only two of us there aren't really that many scraps.
I would love to put a GoPro on a hen lol.

Good morning AZ. It’s chilly here, and we did get overnight rain from Thursday to Friday. It was impressive early on but we went to bed and it was mostly dry when I got up. Anything helps, and we got snow in the high country so that’s good news!

I have a broody in the compost pile sitting on a pile of eggs. She’s good about coming out for breakfast and dinner but goes right back. I’m giving all the babies to my son and DIL once mom is done with them. I got rid of my incubator, guess I don’t really need it. I read that Runners aren’t broody, but someone forgot to tell my girls that lol.

No progress on the duck oasis this week, just maintaining the gardens. I plan to get the steps done today and fill the big pool to see if they’ll begin using it. Ducks don’t like change lol.

Take care all.

Good morning AZ. It’s chilly here, and we did get overnight rain from Thursday to Friday. It was impressive early on but we went to bed and it was mostly dry when I got up. Anything helps, and we got snow in the high country so that’s good news!

I have a broody in the compost pile sitting on a pile of eggs. She’s good about coming out for breakfast and dinner but goes right back. I’m giving all the babies to my son and DIL once mom is done with them. I got rid of my incubator, guess I don’t really need it. I read that Runners aren’t broody, but someone forgot to tell my girls that lol.

No progress on the duck oasis this week, just maintaining the gardens. I plan to get the steps done today and fill the big pool to see if they’ll begin using it. Ducks don’t like change lol.

Take care all.
I hope that she will be a good mother for you if any of them hatch. When are they due for hatching?

Take care all.
the compost pile sounds like a great place for the baby ducklings! all the dabling they'll get to do!

the compost pile sounds like a great place for the baby ducklings! all the dabling they'll get to do!
She picjlked a good spot for sure. There are branches above her, nothing can sneak up behind her!
Was Pip trying to participate in the New year's hatch a thon?
I think she’s a little late and these will hatch after that.

Back
Top Bottom