Arizona Chickens

Are you sure you didn't mean this one,??,,, Imagine the quantity of ants this frame needs to consume each day,,,,, to maintain life.:thumbsup
Sloth eat leaves,, and very slowly at that :idunno
View attachment 3229890
Can I trade you one of these for your anteater? :gig

Chickenosaurus.jpg

Best place to sell point of lay pullets? I have 17 pullets, and need to sell eight or nine of them. The ones for sale: 4 Buff Orpington, and 3 Speckled Sussex, and two Delaware.
They're all 18 weeks old, as of yesterday, and healthy.

(I'll get photos today--we've had monsoon rains for over 5 weeks, and I'm sooooo glad I put as much stuff on their run floor as I did. It's still pretty gross, but at least it's not squishing mud.)

I plan to charge $20 each for them. Does that sound right?

The problem is we're up in the White Mtns, in the Show Low/ Pinetop area, so not as big a market as down in the valley.

Craigslist always feels sketchy to me, but that might just be my perception. And FB won't allow such things for sale. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I do plan to put a card on our TSC and Cal Ranch Bulletin Boards.

Best place to sell point of lay pullets? I have 17 pullets, and need to sell eight or nine of them. The ones for sale: 4 Buff Orpington, and 3 Speckled Sussex, and two Delaware.

(I'll get photos today--we've had monsoon rains for over 5 weeks, and I'm sooooo glad I put as much stuff on their run floor as I did. It's still pretty gross, but at least it's not squishing mud.)

The problem is we're up in the White Mtns, in the Show Low/ Pinetop area, so not as big a market as down in the valley.

Craigslist always feels sketchy to me, but that might just be my perception. And FB won't allow such things for sale. Any ideas would be appreciated.

$20 sounds good. I paid 40 for laying hen. I found my hen on craigslist so I think a lot of people are still using it.

Have you tried Craigslist?

Another vote for Craigslist! I've had terrific luck with it in Yavapai county.

That said, the entire internet is sketchy so I would set up a place to meet people as opposed to inviting them to your home. It's safer for buyer and seller and reduces the chance of contamination of your property.

Last month I got my pullets from Craiglist as well (in Phoenix). I actually got 3 pullets from one seller and 2 from another. One person charged $30 per pullet (went to their house) and the other charged $45 (met up at a store parking lot).
I guess that when I decide to start selling some of mine, I need to start asking for more money then just the $10.00 that I do? I seem to be way too cheap.

I guess that when I decide to start selling some of mine, I need to start asking for more money then just the $10.00 that I do? I seem to be way too cheap.
The higher priced ones I got ($45 ea) had quite the detailed ad on craigslist. (I'm attaching part of the ad) Those 2 are also my favorites now because they are so tame. 🥰

Yesterday evening I went out to visit them in the run. One hopped up on my lap. The other hopped onto the chair arm (where I was sitting). :love

Attachments

• chicken craiglist ad.jpg
    chicken craiglist ad.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 4
The higher priced ones I got ($45 ea) had quite the detailed ad on craigslist. (I'm attaching part of the ad) Those 2 are also my favorites now because they are so tame. 🥰

Yesterday evening I went out to visit them in the run. One hopped up on my lap. The other hopped onto the chair arm (where I was sitting). :love
And here I am over here having to lift 2 broodies out of the nest boxes to make sure that they get food water & their exercises in. They don't peck me though.

Craigslist is the way to go. The trick is to avoid the "provide a code so I know you're a real person" scams, which always start by quoting the title of your ad character by character. You could start by seeing what others are asking and judging by the age of their posts, whether their birds are lingering without selling (overpriced). I've placed cards/ads at TSC but never had results.

Back
Top Bottom