Arizona Chickens

Rain! We have a lovely steady rain again this morning! I'm all snug and warm indoors with a cup of cocoa and I'm enjoying this so much. Have to build up memories to console myself with during summer. 😄

It's snowing up in the mountains. Anyone else getting snow?
No snow where I am but I need to go into town later, where they have 6 inches of "wintry mix" I got .25 of rain, so I have to find a better place in the run to put the feeder.

Rain! We have a lovely steady rain again this morning! I'm all snug and warm indoors with a cup of cocoa and I'm enjoying this so much. Have to build up memories to console myself with during summer. 😄

It's snowing up in the mountains. Anyone else getting snow?
It look's like we got a light rain here when I looked out there this morning after I got up. The sky is blue now though. I can see a few gray cloud's in the north in the distance over the mountain's.

Rain in Mesa as I started out to Chino Valley this morning. Dusting of snow on the mountains as I went thru Mayer. Then in Prescott Valley as I turned off onto Fain Road (passing 2 or 3 fender benders ON the bridge at the turnoff) about 1 or 2" snow increasing slightly into Chino Valley.

At that point and on I saw a total of about 6 or 8 fender benders and at least one of those was flipped over. As I turned off toward Prescott Airport/CV I almost slid into the curb/traffic lite but didn't --and the guy behind me did the same but no crashes- yay!

I just spread some straw atop the 2" snow in all runs and seeded it with BOSS and millet to encourage everyone to get out of the coops.

@Happy Novogens What breed are your other 3 pullet's?
The other 3 we think are just easter eggers. Found this pic of them...not the clearest but kinda shows what they look like. Their eggs are small and a pale green/blue. (Aren't easter eggers just mixed "mutts"?)

Attachments

• The 3.jpg
    The 3.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 4
Rain in Mesa as I started out to Chino Valley this morning. Dusting of snow on the mountains as I went thru Mayer. Then in Prescott Valley as I turned off onto Fain Road (passing 2 or 3 fender benders ON the bridge at the turnoff) about 1 or 2" snow increasing slightly into Chino Valley.

At that point and on I saw a total of about 6 or 8 fender benders and at least one of those was flipped over. As I turned off toward Prescott Airport/CV I almost slid into the curb/traffic lite but didn't --and the guy behind me did the same but no crashes- yay!

I just spread some straw atop the 2" snow in all runs and seeded it with BOSS and millet to encourage everyone to get out of the coops.
I'm just glad that you are ok after all of that driving. It's a good thing that you didn't let the curb/traffic light catch you when it jumped out on you like that. ;)

How are the one's that you got from me doing up there now?

My flock got the mixed scratch before the sun went down yesterday to help them to stay warmer.

The other 3 we think are just easter eggers. Found this pic of them...not the clearest but kinda shows what they look like. Their eggs are small and a pale green/blue. (Aren't easter eggers just mixed "mutts"?)
Yes, but some people want a colorful egg basket and love them anyway's.

I'm just glad that you are ok after all of that driving. It's a good thing that you didn't let the curb/traffic light catch you when it jumped out on you like that. ;)

How are the one's that you got from me doing up there now?

My flock got the mixed scratch before the sun went down yesterday to help them to stay warmer.
All are doing well - I took Red NN hen out (she doesn't like Bielefelder Roo- hides from him with her head in corner) and she is in a divided pen with the juveniles who are almost as big as she is now. She is on one side of an exclusion door - they can go back and forth if they REALLY want to squeeze thru but they didn't want to after the first day when they all just traded sides with her...LOL Pics later or tomorrow...after deadline for work.

All are doing well - I took Red NN hen out (she doesn't like Bielefelder Roo- hides from him with her head in corner) and she is in a divided pen with the juveniles who are almost as big as she is now. She is on one side of an exclusion door - they can go back and forth if they REALLY want to squeeze thru but they didn't want to after the first day when they all just traded sides with her...LOL Pics later or tomorrow...after deadline for work.
I bet the hen and chick's trading side's would have been fun to watch. Yes, these Bielefelder's can get pretty big. The 2 pullet's that I kept from out of that hatch aren't laying yet, but I have caught them in the nesting box sitting on egg's that the bigger girl's layed. I guess that they are trying to practice being a grown up?

Pretty much yeah, but you end up with a pretty egg basket. I love the red one, she’s pretty!

Back
Top Bottom