Arizona Chickens

Quote:
We have 3 buff Japanese bantams that we got as straight run chicks from Ideal poultry. I think they're all pullets, which is surprising since we only ordered 3 of them! I will try and get some pictures up..they're fun to watch, and so pretty
smile.png

You guys are sweet! I cheat when it rains. I use disposables the day before its supposed to rain because we don't have a dryer. (Long story, but the dryer blows out our water heater). Were getting the house rewired and when we do, I'm having two dryer pluggs added so I can have two washers and two dryers.

I have 4 Ameruacanas pullets/hens for sale. 2 of the brown/red ones are hatchery stock I bought at the feed store. The white one I hatched myself and one of the red/browns also hatched here. The white one has not laid yet, but she's getting close to laying age. She hatched near 4th of July. All are 6 to 9 months old. I want there pen for Marans, so they need a new home. EMAIL ME.

Last edited:
pdx2phx--thanks! It's good to know I will be able to find them. I don't know why my girls are so drawn to them.

NoSkiveez--I only have one washer and dryer, and I do about 20 loads per week. I am guessing you are around there, too. I run the dryer and hang clothes on the line at the same time since the washer is faster than the dryer. But, when the summer rains come, I can't do it. I hang the clothes out and they are instantly covered in flies. Totally grosses me out. That's when I end up getting up in the middle of the night to switch over the laundry. AND, I use a disposable at night. I mean on the baby, not myself.

spent most of the weekend reconfiguring the coop. Its now HUGE but not yet ready for pictures. I have to figure out a roof for part of it. I wanted to do that corrugated plastic roofing but it was expensive! OK well more expensive than the figure i had in my head lol

Any suggestions?

Shaun

Quote:
Do you mean the stuff political signs are made of? Sometimes you can find some on CL. I saved mine and used them as a divider between two fiesty roosters. I painted the other signs. One sign went up quickly ams didnt get painted. I need to paint it as it can be seen a mile away. It was free.

You could see if anyone has building material for free on CL. I see it frequently.

Quote:
Do you mean the stuff political signs are made of? Sometimes you can find some on CL. I saved mine and used them as a divider between two fiesty roosters. I painted the other signs. One sign went up quickly ams didnt get painted. I need to paint it as it can be seen a mile away. It was free.

You could see if anyone has building material for free on CL. I see it frequently.

the corrugated roofing stuff you see on many peoples add on porches its the wavy roofing (usually green or metal) here: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

The stuff they make the political signs though is genius!
LOL and the name was corrugated plastic cardboard. Like this yes: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

and Craigs List (DUH) not sure why i didn't look there earlier. Thank you! Very helpful suggestions.

I am off to spend a few hrs on craislist for sure lol

Shaun

Quote:
Ha ha Bob. A friend saw that and facebooked me about it. She said when she head 100+ chickens she thought of me.

If you two forget how to have relationships with people and replace those relationships with chickens, I will start to worry. And if you begin to think chicken poop all over the house is okay, we will worry. I think you are okay for now. I did read a post from a woman in another thread that had me concerned. She had a house duck, and he had a ducky diaper...that she changed...EVERY HOUR!!!! There is so much good to be done in the world. It's sad when people totally miss that and obsess about an animal that can't even love them back. What a waste of a life!

I really, REALLY disagree. It is their life to do as they wish, and it is not your life to arrange. Ducks (and even moreso geese) IMPRINT. http://www.thegoosesmother.com/id6.html

If
a duck makes a person happy, and they choose to keep it in diapers, that is THEIR choice. Just as not making that particular choice is your right. Neither of these opposing choices is better or worse than the other; they are equally valid.

Back
Top Bottom