Arizona Chickens

I have a silver laced wyandotte that will need a new home at some point, but she is only 5 weeks old, looks like a pullet, but can't be 100% sure. Has absolutely zero comb development which is why I'm thinking girl. We will just need to find her a home at some point because I will have too many standard chickens ... got a few extra in case we got boys, but so far all look like girls (others are 9 and 14 weeks). We got her to keep the baby mille fleurs company. When they start getting bigger I will have to find her a home, she's the one I'm least attached to since I knew when I got her she would probably need to find a new home at some point.
Michele

Quote:
pima? Ill be there. And at the open show the week before at the Pima Fairgrounds Barn.... you coming?

its far i live in the eastvalley
but i want to go to the maricopa
county fair

Quote:
I hatch quail for a guy that lives down the street. his name is Nick, and I am sure he's sell you eggies.

---------

The 40 eggs that didn't hatch last nightmay or may not have been the result of a power outage when construction started. If it wasn't the power outage, it was probably the JACKHAMMERING NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT!!

When I told the menfolk ~about when the eggs had died, they counted backwards and said, "Well that was the day we jackhammered all morning on the other side of the wall from the incubator (drywall only). We didn't move the incubator, because we didn't want to risk losing power".

My eggies were jiggled to death.

getting ready to send my next shipping
of turkey eggs, to tofuranch 1 dozen turkey eggs
we have 10 eggs but have 4 hours to
take the box to the post office
hopefully they lay the last two eggs
within 4 hours
wee.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
ep.gif
good to know! Construction and hatching don't mix. I think I lost a few one time when we put ina urethane floor in the garage. The fumes ALL went straight for the bathroom where I had my incubator. Maybe write a book about "what not to subject your eggs to during hatch"? Or "honey-do list substitutes to keep menfolk busy with nondisruptive projects for 21 days".

one of my chickens use to jump out
of the back yard when the rooster
follow her, now she is missing
i dont know if to walk the whole
neighborhood to see if i can find
the chicken, she is atleast worth
25 because she is a year old
she is a red star chicken
great layer of large brown eggs

mahalo got his eggs this morning.
wink.png

Drove all the way to The Feed Barn. The fellow there didn't seem to want to help me, so, my little girl and I got back in the vehicle and we just went to The PetFood Depot and bought Layena and Flockraiser.

Is there anyone else in the valley that sells EggMaker from MannaPro?

How much are you all paying for scratch? TFB and TPFD wanted $13+ for a bag! I can get scratch with BOSS at Costco for $10. ($9.99)

I would have spent a bunch of money at The Feed Barn this morning but he didn't seem to want to help me. A loss for both of us.

Back
Top Bottom