Arizona Chickens

Here chick, chick, chick....come and get it!!!!!!!

Buff Rock chicks lookin' good and enjoying their first taste of the "Scraps Pan".....fresh corn, cut clover, spinach and some carrot.

I like to start young with introducing variety to their palate---natural food curiosity is a good thing IMO. I wait until they have had their usual evening ration of starter/grower and mealworms that way they already got their crops pretty full of some 'balanced' feed.

It is always alot of fun watching those curious youngsters encounter new things in their environment!!!

I tempted them into the pan for the first time with some known mealworms....they just could not figure out try as they might at how they could get those worms without jumping into the pan or touching the 'new' stuff first.

You can see they are enjoying trying out some of everything
big_smile.png
Especially the fresh corn!!!

A fun story. It's a small chicken world...

Was so excited to meet one of our BYC fellow chicken lovers RANDOMLY at my work yesterday. I am a computer tech for a certain fruit company, a lovely lady and her daughter came to see me for help. She turned on the computer, and to my surprise, an adorable black silkie hen was her desktop picture. We spoke of chickens, then BYC and then realized we "knew" each other from these forums! And that's how friendships are made. It was great unexpected meetup.

One of those life experiences where the world reminds you that things you enjoy are better enjoyed along with others.

Cheers!
MM
Who would have thought you could find another crazy chicken person at the fruit company! Was great to meet and talk to you. Thanks for your help!!!

Just got my camera back from having it cleaned and repaired. Tested it out on the girls tonight.

My 5 week old silkies.

Paul or Paula?

Isn't Trixie sweet? Don't let that face fool you!

My Buff Silkie Lucille with the twisted beak. She doesn't mind her beakicure done every month.

Clara my Welsummer was not pleased with the camera in her face.

Dolly my Buff Orpington liked looking at herself in the lens.

Zsa Zsa my Silver Laced Wyandotte chillin on my lap and telling me about her day.

I have to share this with you guys. My rooster was with the mama hen and the chicks and he kept his head down. He'd close his eyes and let the chicks peck at his wattles. He even let them jump on his back. By the time I got my phone to take a picture there was only one chick left on him, but you can see how he kept his head down and didn't move. He really is a gentle roo.

So adorable!!!

The cutest thing I saw one of our roosters (a silkie) do, was to go into the house to visit and talk with our girl silkie while she was sitting on eggs. They had a little conversation, then she got up and went out of the house for a dust bath and drink. While she was gone, he sat on the eggs for her!!! How cute is that? I wish I had the camera with me so you could see a silly silkie roo sitting on eggs...

EXCITING! My order of 15 brown egg layer assortment (plus one Meal Maker) from Meyer arrived today also. Can you post photos of what you received? I didn't get any with feathered feet! Right now I'm thinking I got 6 buff orpingtons, 4 Black Astralorps, and 6 something else.... I posted photos of mine in the "Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??" thread.

From my own experience whenever you place a order ask for a specific Breed.. They will tell you if that is ok with that specific order..
I do love the feathered feet as well...

Back
Top Bottom