Arizona Chickens

there is a lot of thread to read since I have been gone. We have also been getting rain here. It comes in sheets and then nothing typical monsoon style. I love love love the rain but my joints do not. 
We have decided to move and we are looking for more property 5 acres or more in Marana or SW Tucson. I have lived in my house for 10 years so its gonna be a pain to move but we have no options. 

so we are now up to 8 goats (I took 3 in for a very sick lady that cannot care for them currently) and 7 Muscovy ducklings and 2 splay legged peacocks.......yeah cuz I need more animals lol. :) I really do love it. moving all these animals should be great fun. 

I have 3 drakes if anyone wants 4-6 mo old male ducks. 1 white crested and 2 crested mixes. I don't want to eat them but will if they do not sell. 7 drakes is way to many. only $10- if you want them. 

I was asked if I am willing to have school's come out to my farm , maybe when I get moved but im not sure. I am working on getting a mini cow and she comes with a mini horse lol.

so if all goes well we will have chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, guinea pigs, dogs, cats, goats, pot bellied pigs (they are ready to be picked up), feeder pigs a mini cow and a mini horse. I guess it would be like a petting zoo for school kids huh? 

I was thinking of hosting a chicken pen raising at my new house (Amish style). wonder if anyone would come? 

Of course if we were closer! ! Good times girl. .

Of course if we were closer! ! Good times girl. .
hey if I get 5 acres you can park your motor home
wink.png

there is a lot of thread to read since I have been gone. We have also been getting rain here. It comes in sheets and then nothing typical monsoon style. I love love love the rain but my joints do not.
We have decided to move and we are looking for more property 5 acres or more in Marana or SW Tucson. I have lived in my house for 10 years so its gonna be a pain to move but we have no options.

so we are now up to 8 goats (I took 3 in for a very sick lady that cannot care for them currently) and 7 Muscovy ducklings and 2 splay legged peacocks.......yeah cuz I need more animals lol. :) I really do love it. moving all these animals should be great fun.

I have 3 drakes if anyone wants 4-6 mo old male ducks. 1 white crested and 2 crested mixes. I don't want to eat them but will if they do not sell. 7 drakes is way to many. only $10- if you want them.

I was asked if I am willing to have school's come out to my farm , maybe when I get moved but im not sure. I am working on getting a mini cow and she comes with a mini horse lol.

so if all goes well we will have chickens, ducks, geese, rabbits, guinea pigs, dogs, cats, goats, pot bellied pigs (they are ready to be picked up), feeder pigs a mini cow and a mini horse. I guess it would be like a petting zoo for school kids huh?

I was thinking of hosting a chicken pen raising at my new house (Amish style). wonder if anyone would come?

Up near the place I'm buying, I saw a sign on the corner that said it was a double wide mobile home on 5 acres for sale OWC. There is a phone number, but I did not call. I assume this is the same general north Avra Valley area, I can get the phone # if you are interested.

you guys have great free ads...our are not very good at all :(

All the good ones seem to be too far away to make it worth while for me but here you could def get almost anything on CL. Alot of fakes but I learned how to tell the difference.

I never really had time to check it out until about last year. So far I've got 4 great shape 16" GMC stock rims for my truck. I have 17" and 16" tires are like $75 cheaper each for my truck. A 60 gal and 55 gal aquarium with all kinds of fish, food, chemicals etc. 2 stands for them. One is now being used as a TV stand. Lol. 2 air compressors that just need a rebuild kit ($40 each). I've gotten my wife so much fabric that she had to do a few Goodwill Trips with the extras. She's made all of our curtains, some pillows, I made a welder cover lol.

When you're not working, it's funny what can pass the time.

It first started noticing signs on June, I think all of them have it? Except my Guinea Fowl and a 4 month old chick. Yes I have been adding chickens.

Chickens can lose feathers for a variety of reasons, most commonly its the molt and that's normal.   The respiratory issues might be more troublesome.  Without a necropsy it's sometimes hard to know what kind you're dealing with.  They're often viral with no treatment (e.g. [COLOR=005CB1]Mycoplasma gallicepticum[/COLOR]).  When did they first show symptoms?  Do all of your birds exhibit symptoms?   Did you add new birds to the flock before the respiratory issues showed up?  Fortunately, I have not had to deal with viral lung infections.  Another possibility is that could also be fungal.   Wetting down the ground chronically can facilitate the growth of fungal infections in the lungs.  I had two BO hens that got rattly-gurgly lungs when they'd breath on the hottest days after I'd start wetting the ground.  I could treat them with fogged Oxine and it would clear it right up.   

Hopefully, others with more experience with respiratory issues will chime in.

I have some month old pullet chicks. I live in Mesa, but I travel to the far west valley once or twice a month for Market on the Move, and could meet you somewhere.
Thanks, but I'm a little leery of adding little ones in with my year-olds, and I only have the one coop. I think I'll probably hold off until the heat breaks, and then look for some that are at least 5-6 months old so they can hold their own with the big girls!

Back
Top Bottom