Arizona Chickens

FIRST BLACK COPPER MARANS EGG THIS MORNING!

The TPPFC club had a small show this weekend, and I had made prior arrangements with @desertmarcy to meet me there with some Black Copper Marans pullets. She was running low on BCM pullets, so she included one hen that was already laying, so this morning, I got my first BCM egg! Thank you, Marcy!

Dang that color is nice. Prob posted this pic to make me jealous again. My Maran eggs didn't hatch.

Are there anymore pullets available?

I was told if I keep it inside during the winter and outside during the summer it would grow and produce. I figure cannot hurt to plant it in a pot, if no fruit it should be a pretty tree. I am thinking of keeping it in my chicken room because their is higher humidity in there. 

I have some seeds to plant, is now the best time and should I plant in ground or in a pot?

wow beautiful color!!! so nice. congrats

Following this. I have the seeds from the BYC box waiting.

There is a farm here that grows Anna apples. We quite enjoyed them when we picked them there. I have one in my yard now. They aren't Honeycrisps, but they will do. =D

I grew up in Indiana and we had 3 apple trees in our yard. 2 tart apple trees and 1 tree for eating raw apples. My mom used to can apple pie filling among other things. I remember helping her peel and chop them.

Dang that color is nice. Prob posted this pic to make me jealous again. My Maran eggs didn't hatch.

Are there anymore pullets available?
Following this. I have the seeds from the BYC box waiting.

I have some due to hatch on the 27th. mine are Cuckoo Marans and Wheaten Marans, egg quality
There is a farm here that grows Anna apples. We quite enjoyed them when we picked them there. I have one in my yard now. They aren't Honeycrisps, but they will do. =D

I grew up in Indiana and we had 3 apple trees in our yard. 2 tart apple trees and 1 tree for eating raw apples. My mom used to can apple pie filling among other things. I remember helping her peel and chop them.
i have 2 apple trees. got tiny apples the birds ate this year.

I grew up in Indiana on a farm. We always canned fruits and vegetables along with our own meat, eggs and milk. The only thing we bought at the store was coffee, tea, salt and sugar. We were pretty much self sufficient.

My babies are in the coop. I am being a paranoid chicken mama. I heard them, went outside, I had forgotten to turn on the light so they were freaking out. My dogs are way way too interested. I'm scared to leave them out there even though I nailed down the hardware cloth very thoroughly, locked the door, and put a rock in front of it just in case.

I grew up in Indiana on a farm.  We always canned fruits and vegetables along with our own meat, eggs and milk.  The only thing we bought at the store was coffee, tea, salt and sugar.  We were pretty much self sufficient.

I've always thought I should've been born much earlier in time. The saying about finding something you love to do and never working again would never be more true for me. I love working outside.

You need to get hold of desertmarcy, I think she is running low on BCM's until some more hatch out, but I'm pretty sure she has some Blue Copper Marans.

Thanks. @desertmarcy do you have something in a dark egg variety?

Does anyone know if my goats might be eating my chicken eggs? I was getting 4-5 eggs a day, then they just stopped. I was guessing that its just getting colder so they were slowing down, but it just seemed quite abrupt they would all stop at the same time

Does anyone know if my goats might be eating my chicken eggs? I was getting 4-5 eggs a day, then they just stopped. I was guessing that its just getting colder so they were slowing down, but it just seemed quite abrupt they would all stop at the same time

Typically goats will eat the egg but not the shell, but, it is possible. It's more likely though that their nest is well hidden or they are molting. Is there a way for you to confine the hens to see if they are laying?

Back
Top Bottom