Arizona Chickens

Rosie just gave a shout out for the tour de coup event. Problem is they advertised it as a bicycling tour. Ha, good luck with that. There's guys are even dumber than I give them credit for.

Rosie just gave a shout out for the tour de coup event. Problem is they advertised it as a bicycling tour. Ha, good luck with that. There's guys are even dumber than I give them credit for.

That part is just a short part and a specific area i thought anywy.? We plan on being at Toby & Carol's helping.. Who is going?? I look for you?

Well it looks like we lost our rooster :( we were out late last night and I just assumed everyone was all good for the night (I normal check on them) and it looks like the tarp fell down and the rooster jumped out. The neighbor kids said that they had picked him up and was taking him back to the coop (I let them play with the chickens all the time so they knew who's it was) but they said their aunt yelled at them and made them put him down even after they explained who's rooster it was. My mom is very sad because it was more her rooster.
R.I.P Peanut :(

Well it looks like we lost our rooster
sad.png
we were out late last night and I just assumed everyone was all good for the night (I normal check on them) and it looks like the tarp fell down and the rooster jumped out. The neighbor kids said that they had picked him up and was taking him back to the coop (I let them play with the chickens all the time so they knew who's it was) but they said their aunt yelled at them and made them put him down even after they explained who's rooster it was. My mom is very sad because it was more her rooster.
R.I.P Peanut
sad.png

Poor Peanut. Is he just missing or is he dead? If he is missing, give him a day or two. He may find his way back.

A few months ago someone's loose dogs attacked and killed several of the chickens in my yard. After I collected all the dead birds and counted the live ones, I was still missing several birds. All the missing ones came back home over the next two or three days. I have no idea how they survived for two or three days in the desert in July with no water, but they did. You never know.

Poor Peanut.  Is he just missing or is he dead?  If he is missing, give him a day or two.  He may find his way back. 

A few months ago  someone's loose dogs attacked and killed several of the chickens in my yard.  After I collected all the dead birds and counted the live ones, I was still missing several birds.  All the missing ones came back home over the next two or three days.  I have no idea how they survived for two or three days in the desert in July with no water, but they did.  You never know.

We didn't find any feathers or a body, but we heard the coyotes yipping last night. Maybe he will come back, that would amazing if he did :)

Part of the tour is a bicycle tour. They purposely picked a number of coops that are a convenient distance from each other so people can bike to the coops. Of course that is not the entire tour, just a part of it.

That part is just a short part and a specific area i thought anywy.? We plan on being at Toby & Carol's helping.. Who is going?? I look for you?
I don't think I'm going. Would love to hear the experiences of others who go though.

Well it looks like we lost our rooster
sad.png
we were out late last night and I just assumed everyone was all good for the night (I normal check on them) and it looks like the tarp fell down and the rooster jumped out. The neighbor kids said that they had picked him up and was taking him back to the coop (I let them play with the chickens all the time so they knew who's it was) but they said their aunt yelled at them and made them put him down even after they explained who's rooster it was. My mom is very sad because it was more her rooster.
R.I.P Peanut
sad.png
So sorry the aunt didn't let the kids put him back. I hope he did not get eaten and is just hiding real well.

Poor Peanut. Is he just missing or is he dead? If he is missing, give him a day or two. He may find his way back.

A few months ago someone's loose dogs attacked and killed several of the chickens in my yard. After I collected all the dead birds and counted the live ones, I was still missing several birds. All the missing ones came back home over the next two or three days. I have no idea how they survived for two or three days in the desert in July with no water, but they did. You never know.
True desert survival chickens!

Well it looks like we lost our rooster :( we were out late last night and I just assumed everyone was all good for the night (I normal check on them) and it looks like the tarp fell down and the rooster jumped out. The neighbor kids said that they had picked him up and was taking him back to the coop (I let them play with the chickens all the time so they knew who's it was) but they said their aunt yelled at them and made them put him down even after they explained who's rooster it was. My mom is very sad because it was more her rooster.
R.I.P Peanut :(

I am so sorry you lost your rooster.

FIRST EGG TODAY!!! We've been waiting around a little over 5 months after getting our "day old" chicks. We got our first egg from one of the barred rocks today. I expect our other barred rock will start soon after. This is my first flock. Now that I have one of the nine laying, are the others going to be more inclined to lay? I have (2) Americauna, (2) Barred Holland, (1) Red Sex Link, (1) Silver Laced Wyandotte, and (1) Golden Sex Link. Any idea how long it will take the others to start?

Back
Top Bottom