Arizona Chickens

Have you had good dealings with Chris?

Yes, he is always willing to answer my questions, quick to send me the current price list when I ask for it. Always gives me credit for ripped bags or missing bags. I've only had one major order problem with them. Chris was on vacation at the time. It took a bit of back and forth to get the problem resolved to my satisfaction. Thinking it might have been resolved quicker if Chris had been there.

I have been using it almost two years now; once I had to buy some at the feed store because I miscalculated my needs. Chickens stood around looking at it and looking at me, then look at the feed, then look at me, like "what the H=== is this SH==?" They wouldn't hardly touch it.

I get the kind with fish meal; I really think it makes a big difference in feathering and egg production to have the [COLOR=FF0000]animal protein[/COLOR] in there.

That's why I wanted to try it too! I've spent the past 15 years studying human nutrition to the point of being almost obsessed with what our food industry has done. When I finally decided it was time to make the move to get chickens, I told my husband I didn't want them to eat any corn, soy, or canola based upon what I'd learned about both the evolution of the chicken and the commercialization and utilization of cheap feed, and wanted the chickens to get actual meat protein instead of relying on plant fillers. For me it's not just about collecting eggs outside my backdoor, but about getting out what I put into it...good, healthy feed = healthier chickens = healthier us. :D  

:goodpost:

The girls are finally in their new home. In all, they seem happy. Bought this coop from San Tan Coops, DH made a few modifications and additions. We still want :)to do a couple more modifications. :yiipchick

Looks fabulous!!

does anyone close to Mesa have an incubator I can borrow for a week or so? My duck is brooding eggs due on new years day and I am afraid she might be giving up on the eggs. She has been up off them quite a bit the past couple days and they were not very warm when I checked them today. She also messed up her round mounded nest and the eggs were not as tight up together as they have been. this is her first clutch so I am really nervous! hhahaha.

@flower
Left one here at our house, she will be posting up info on it soon.. I thinks he is asking $35.00 there is 2, but not sure of any other information..

@flower
Left one here at our house, she will be posting up info on it soon.. I thinks he is asking $35.00 there is 2, but not sure of any other information..
Let me know, I am HIGHLY interested. My boyfriend said that I have to leave the duck and her eggs alone. She gets to try and if they don't hatch we are going to take future eggs away.... I guess that's fair. The next week of waiting is gonna kill me. hahahah. She is sitting on them now, so hopefully they are ok. They were pretty cold this afternoon.

I had a great xmas, but did NOT get an incubator. Omg, the big box was totally not even close to an incubator--it was a few metal butterflies to hang on the wall.

I did get 50 Ways to Cook Cock! Some interesting recipes, but nothing too shocking but some of the chapter titles!

Back
Top Bottom