Arizona Chickens

oh I like the idea of making individual servings. Now is I can find Hatch chillis
fl.gif
The Frys down here have them whole, individual cans. Costco has them in a two pack. I very seldom see them at Walmart or Safeway. If you have a Basha's or Food City - I bet they would have them. Enjoy! AND I found out it freezes very well and eats yummy good when thawed.

The Frys down here have them whole, individual cans.  Costco has them in a two pack.  I very seldom see them at Walmart or Safeway.  If you have a Basha's or Food City - I bet they would have them.  Enjoy!  AND I found out it freezes very well and eats yummy good when thawed.  

I have (occasionally) found them at wallyworld, but it seems to be a seasonal thing. When they do have them, I buy them by the case! There is a local mom and pop market that always has them, it is mainly Mexican cuisine type of store, but owned by an extended Pakistani family.
Everybody likes Hatch chilis!

Last edited:
I've got 4 extra chicks for sale if anyone is interested. I'm in Globe, but I'd be happy to meet any valley dwellers in Apache Junction. $5 each

One is a Golden Sexlink pullet 4 weeks old

Two silkies strait run-one full blood and one mix 5 weeks old
One Ameraucana/BCM mix cockerel 7 weeks old

I've got 4 extra chicks for sale if anyone is interested. I'm in Globe, but I'd be happy to meet any valley dwellers in Apache Junction. $5 each One is a Golden Sexlink pullet 4 weeks old Two silkies strait run-one full blood and one mix 5 weeks old One Ameraucana/BCM mix cockerel 7 weeks old
I love to get them, but I am in Tucson.
2639.png

Hello All! I live in Tempe and had a question for everyone around this area. I am planning on hatching some paint silkies for easter and my question is what type of watering system do you use in the summer? I tried a plastic container with little nipples but the algae was constantly growing. Currently I'm using just a plastic tub and still find myself washing it out at least 3 times a week. If someone could give me some advice or post a photo of your watering system, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Hello All! I live in Tempe and had a question for everyone around this area. I am planning on hatching some paint silkies for easter and my question is what type of watering system do you use in the summer? I tried a plastic container with little nipples but the algae was constantly growing. Currently I'm using just a plastic tub and still find myself washing it out at least 3 times a week. If someone could give me some advice or post a photo of your watering system, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
I use pans - like the ones used to drain oil into - in my chicken yard BUT I still clean the algae growth at least once a week if not more often. I think summer sun and algae growth kinda go together. I've tried a number of different things but there has always been green growth - especially in summer.

Back
Top Bottom