Arizona Chickens

OH anyone else going to the Fall lawn show held by the TPPFFC at the Brandi Fenton Memorial Park from 7 - 5 on October 22nd?

I'll be showing and doing showmanship in the competition , though it will be just as fun to just see the birds there. Im so excited, my dad is taking me. He's the only person in our family of 6 that has an infatuation as serious as mine with chickens. Especially OEGB's and Seramas, he loves the tiny crows. They make him squeal like a little girl.

OH anyone else going to the Fall lawn show held by the TPPFFC at the Brandi Fenton Memorial Park from 7 - 5 on October 22nd?

I'll be showing and doing showmanship in the competition , though it will be just as fun to just see the birds there. Im so excited, my dad is taking me. He's the only person in our family of 6 that has an infatuation as serious as mine with chickens. Especially OEGB's and Seramas, he loves the tiny crows. They make him squeal like a little girl.

I sent in my entry form
big_smile.png
I have just 4 chickens and 2 turkeys entered. Most of my birds are not in show condition right now
hmm.png

Guys my silkie gave up on her egg XD

Which I wasn't too sad about today when I foudn it abandoned and she was out having fun with the other girls and not being broody mean anymore, because it was not fertilized.

HOWEVER my agriculture teacher bought an INCUBATOR!!!!!!

huehuehue im so happy, as soon as Yukon starts laying again, and the incubator arrives at the school, it is go time, we will have pumpkin silkies yet!

so happyyyyy!

and as @bunsnpupsnchick is donating a trio of polish (still dont know gender, the silly little things cant decide) that im hoping will have atleast one girl so I can breed and sell BL polish ^^

I'v accumulated a passion for the breed ever since I adopted Dory. Bless her little soul.
lol your dad needs to see my oegbs....remind me to video the lil devils for you. those boys are something else. silver has this thing about not only being the yard herald, but flying over to land on my head at least once daily. plus all 3 like to crow outside my bedroom window in the am. trying to get them to knock on it instead. lol

I've got three Black Javas entered. All cockerels. The pullets and hens are looking pretty ratty right now.

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck to you guys!

I feel you on the scraggly birds deal. Most of my hens are molting or starting to molt, and they're making me so sad XD

I'm using my 7 month old SL Wyandotte, my 1 year old GL Wyandotte, my 1 year old Barred Rock, and my 9 month old Wheaten Serama.

I'm excited to do the showmanship portion, i've never gotten to do that before. I need to study up on how to do that XD

Last edited:
I'm on pins and needles here right now. First egg out of 4 in my incubator is trying to get out of it's shell. I have another batch of egg hatching due next week, also.

Aaaaahhh...yes! Hatching days! I hardly sleep or get anything done on hatching days, and lose hours staring down into the incubator watching those little buggers hatch. Good luck with your hatch! May all your little babies be perfectly healthy.
jumpy.gif

Aaaaahhh...yes! Hatching days! I hardly sleep or get anything done on hatching days, and lose hours staring down into the incubator watching those little buggers hatch. Good luck with your hatch! May all your little babies be perfectly healthy.
jumpy.gif

Thanks! I finally did go get some sleep. When I woke up that chick was out of it's egg, but it is laying there resting now. It's still alive, though. The other 3 eggs from that batch haven't started to break out yet, that I can see. I have 9 more eggs due to hatch on next Monday. They are all going to be the blue Australorps. The mothers are the 1-year old black ones, and the father is my nice 6 month old Splash cockerel from the Rattlesnake Ridge Line (Kurt).

Back
Top Bottom