Arizona Chickens

We stayed in Bisbee for a week, but my DH did not like the southern AZ area. Prescott is so nice. We looked at a place with 1/2 acre 1 mile from the Courthouse Square, but it was over-priced at 349,000. Waiting to see what comes up! Prescott is chicken friendly, but no roosters in city limits.
thats great chicken friendly i mean , Bisbee is chicken friendly no rules when it comes to chickens and a friend of mine who battled the city years ago , it even was in the NY times how he won rights for all of us to have chickens in the city he tells me there are no rules right now about roos in the city , and i heard one in town just the other day...HA ;) :D :lol:

Hi All!
My chicks are a week old today and I wanted to share the blog post I wrote about them - With individual pictures of course :) I have really enjoyed going back through this thread and soaking up all the information you have to offer!

www.arizonagrace.com/welcomebabychicks

P.S - Rodney from the ACE on 22nd in Tucson is an awesome chicken guru - Its a good thing that store is out of my way or I would be in trouble.

We would move to Payson or Prescott in a minute if there was jobs. Love both towns.
yes me to i also love payson, i usually dont need a job , i always owned my own businesses & lived off my wits all my life, & you gotta be very good with money, but i to like payson it looks more like were i came form , thats the only reason i guess, but here in these mountains we are up a mile hi , with not a lot of land for sale ,only thing most of the acreage is in sierra vista, but if it were me i say make your move now when you can. prices are climbing, yes the job thing, that's what is so very limiting , as to were you can live & thats so unfair indeed...! gosh

Hi All!
My chicks are a week old today and I wanted to share the blog post I wrote about them - With individual pictures of course :) I have really enjoyed going back through this thread and soaking up all the information you have to offer!

www.arizonagrace.com/welcomebabychicks

P.S - Rodney from the ACE on 22nd in Tucson is an awesome chicken guru - Its a good thing that store is out of my way or I would be in trouble.
amen to that...!! HA : )

We would move to Payson or Prescott in a minute if there was jobs. Love both towns.
One person in Prescott calls it "Where old people and their parents live." Jobs are all "Service Sector" AKA "low paid." We are retired, the only reason we are here! But a small city with all the things you need, and nice friendly people where we are. Very nice place to live.

Hornworms caterpillars are green, green, green so they can hide on tomato plants or pepper plants - I've had about 6 or so. My chickens didn't touch them! So they got the shovel of death. I think what you are seeing are the ones that are around when there are or were cotton fields around. Ours went away when they grew alfalfa or corn around us for a few years. This year its cotton again so I expect them next year. I don't know what they are called but that seems to be the only thing that I've noticed that was all the same when they came out. No one in CG has said anything about them yet and they really were thick around here. Something about the rotation of those crops I think. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!!

I think that you are right. The Ak-Chin's and other farmers have some farmland nearby, and several different crops are grown like corn, cotton, and soybeans.

She's got a little video of them too that she said she was unable to email to you. Very cute and inquisitive little boogers! I'm glad you guys were able to get together. Is she planning on getting any more from you?

I don't know if she will want some more of them or not, yet. She might be waiting until she can start telling which are the boys or girls first? She told me that she is starting to suspect that 2 of them are boys.

I've seen them(the worms) in years past they turn into those yellow butterflies that come out in September usually if you've ever traveled the I-8 in Sept. Towards Yuma there are 100s of them

I hope they turn out to be the yellow butterfies. I was thinking that they were going to be those big brown moths. Those are terrible at night, and are drawn to light. You can't even open your door at night to let fresh air in if it's cool enough with those thing's around!

Back
Top Bottom