Arizona Chickens

This used to be the sweetest chicken... She always ran to us to get picked up or petted, now she is trying to hatch ice packs... (We made small pillow covers for the ice packs) And she is super grumpy.... Last year when I thought the heat was broken, I was SOOOOO wrong! Chicken hospital is too hot when it's over 100, so here she sits on her ice pack babies....
vbk9Vty9CWtSb5CkYzrIIGDu1rSvdgClXPcn92oQXzPcXzy3d99Hc8nG_GeePrYSKAE8oJLcXbK8WREdgv6wv4gtSSqYibAeCjQnUwqvOpJLo2XwxAD1M5Vi0A034Up2vqn6mw6BTlQTAepkmPiwUmAQjOuDWodd6BRXZ18If78qx8l5hGhQ3_7RqVyiC5nhVYj4gX_BMiLexiCwMIj9jr2zz-8WO0YJekCI2hdKgVM-UJJUke8aGsg_0FdiH8s5rZOtF4GCiQMfW1YAaI7-plyXPRrGNdRVkTMMH-d2X-G23zbEnlF9g7Hc-uVpnV-PUTieAnNxVbSP91TCLQY6IAznQGlurEEbwoTO3tYx5k3XgMuvLDOyV4U6x_lhiKDeIGZuWTYQiD65J5d4XpGR7Np_8uWz9hs4fZxszfdIvJVlOeOp3LwWTCcWC0VdRYd793cRfKxJUH17ERGSzaMfNyZRmfN6t1GlhznBcqvfmoK8eoqBCzPcOj59xlQfx1SqxskZGbv5ZUyqMibq14_lF32_O0bGzqlyF3Jokp0ELLD0oza0F4qeSdmmj63duWP38utck-_U1Mk3l3S_Zk44YfPDzmZB6Q0Bpzw7Klg=w1188-h891-no

I guess I'll be looking for day old chicks soon.. this was not in my plans

I blocked access to the boxes for my broodies that broke callie she started pretending she was a mama, tidbitting and what not, every time roo came near she would puff up,and growl at him protecting her pretend chicks, now she's back to normal lol

This used to be the sweetest chicken... She always ran to us to get picked up or petted, now she is trying to hatch ice packs... (We made small pillow covers for the ice packs) And she is super grumpy.... Last year when I thought the heat was broken, I was SOOOOO wrong! Chicken hospital is too hot when it's over 100, so here she sits on her ice pack babies....
vbk9Vty9CWtSb5CkYzrIIGDu1rSvdgClXPcn92oQXzPcXzy3d99Hc8nG_GeePrYSKAE8oJLcXbK8WREdgv6wv4gtSSqYibAeCjQnUwqvOpJLo2XwxAD1M5Vi0A034Up2vqn6mw6BTlQTAepkmPiwUmAQjOuDWodd6BRXZ18If78qx8l5hGhQ3_7RqVyiC5nhVYj4gX_BMiLexiCwMIj9jr2zz-8WO0YJekCI2hdKgVM-UJJUke8aGsg_0FdiH8s5rZOtF4GCiQMfW1YAaI7-plyXPRrGNdRVkTMMH-d2X-G23zbEnlF9g7Hc-uVpnV-PUTieAnNxVbSP91TCLQY6IAznQGlurEEbwoTO3tYx5k3XgMuvLDOyV4U6x_lhiKDeIGZuWTYQiD65J5d4XpGR7Np_8uWz9hs4fZxszfdIvJVlOeOp3LwWTCcWC0VdRYd793cRfKxJUH17ERGSzaMfNyZRmfN6t1GlhznBcqvfmoK8eoqBCzPcOj59xlQfx1SqxskZGbv5ZUyqMibq14_lF32_O0bGzqlyF3Jokp0ELLD0oza0F4qeSdmmj63duWP38utck-_U1Mk3l3S_Zk44YfPDzmZB6Q0Bpzw7Klg=w1188-h891-no

I guess I'll be looking for day old chicks soon.. this was not in my plans

20180714_054346.jpg
20180724_193842.jpg

Not in my plan either but here we are. That stubborn girl will NOT break. Eggs due to hatch by end of week. Took them from her nest when the temps spiked last week, they go back to her on Tuesday evening for hatching.

Not in my plan either but here we are. That stubborn girl will NOT break. Eggs due to hatch by end of week. My Took them from her nest when the temps spiked last week, they go back to her on Tuesday evening for hatching.
They get that look in their eyes....:mad:
My hen never had any eggs, We don't have a a rooster... and I was collecting the few eggs I was getting... If she had decided to be broody a few weeks earlier, :jumpyshe could have raised the Aloha babies..:love
@nicollee I wish I could help you with your hens stubbornness, but my eggs aren't due to hatch until August 7th.
Might be good timing.... she would be sitting on her ice packs for about 2 weeks at that point...:caf

They get that look in their eyes....:mad:
My hen never had any eggs, We don't have a a rooster... and I was collecting the few eggs I was getting... If she had decided to be broody a few weeks earlier, :jumpyshe could have raised the Aloha babies..:love
Might be good timing.... she would be sitting on her ice packs for about 2 weeks at that point...:caf

:lau they do get that look!

Ruby didn't have eggs either, I kept taking them, kicked her out of the nest box, tried ice packs and put her in a cage. She went back to any nest with eggs in it for a month so I broke down and got eggs from @BlueBaby

Last edited:
@SonoranChick this is your first so you haven't experienced this yet so don't worry about any side effects like losing hair, all depends on your genes, etc.

But when you first hold (this may sound cheesy and repetitive but it's true) your baby the love for them is like no other love it's intense and unwavering and nothing else matters
Look forward to that, like I'm sure you will ;)

Back
Top Bottom