Arizona Chickens

Howdy all. After several years of rebuilding my life, I am in the process of acquiring eight laying hens this weekend. I started building the run today, with the coop coming shortly thereafter. But I thought I would say hi to all. Anybody still around that remembers me from five years ago?

Scott
Welcome back I was away for seven years, and everyone here has welcomed me back.

Me too. I've sort of hardened my heart recently though, not being so nice these days. Life bites you in the butt, be careful :p
with animals I am soft, people I've lost most of my tolerance for.. it depends on where they are in my life, hubby I cut slack most of the time, acquaintances, they are given about 2 chances, friends maybe 5 and people I don't know, -0-

I've dug through the archives and finding it impossible to find answers to my question.. since this is AZ, we have major heat, do you guys move your broodies? I can move her to her own coop with her own run, but then I don't know how that will affect her being away from her flock mates. if I put her low inside the coop where she is now, I have the danger of others getting in her nest box and breaking the eggs, "can you tell I am a worry wort nervous chicken owner?" :gig:lau

with animals I am soft, people I've lost most of my tolerance for.. it depends on where they are in my life, hubby I cut slack most of the time, acquaintances, they are given about 2 chances, friends maybe 5 and people I don't know, -0-

Oh yes, animals always get some slack to try and make it work unless it becomes a dangerous situation. I've eliminated many "friends" from my life. Working at home helps...I just faded off into the sunset and was forgotten. Makes my life a lot simpler. I prefer my animals to most humans, but my job is the complain and whine department at an insurance company so I get sick of people in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom