Arizona Chickens

@igorsMistress The black eyed NN hen is still trying to hatch those 3 plastic egg's. Two out of the 3 NN/Bresse hen's have gone broody this summer, with the one that you like having done it twice!

Edit: you hatched some of her egg's this last time.

I can't believe she's still at it. Did you try to break her? That chick I got from you has a black feather on her back and the little that cactusrota thinks might be a splash has a few too.

How are your silkies doing?

I can't believe she's still at it. Did you try to break her? That chick I got from you has a black feather on her back and the little that cactusrota thinks might be a splash has a few too.

How are your silkies doing?

She come's out to eat, drink, and dust bathe, then goes back to the plastic egg's. She's ok in the box that I put the plastic egg's in, as it catches more cross ventilation than the box in the back that she first chose.

My neighbor came over today to look at the silkies that are in the main part of the coop and run now. He said that when they are walking toward's him that they look like walking teddy bears.

Got my first egg today. I did a thorough clean of the coop today and thought Fluffy was just mad at me for changing the bedding. If I knew where everyone lived I am excited enough to drive to everyones house to show it off. Guess my BR isn't a roo after all....

Attachments

• 20190914_183417.jpg
    20190914_183417.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 3
Got my first egg today. I did a thorough clean of the coop today and thought Fluffy was just mad at me for changing the bedding. If I knew where everyone lived I am excited enough to drive to everyones house to show it off. Guess my BR isn't a roo after all....

Congratulations! That first egg is always exciting. Even with new new layers in an existing flock:)

Congrats on the first egg! It's nice to know that rooster's don't lay egg's, isn't it?

@BlueBaby I got 2 eggs this afternoon. I have my BR that I'm pretty sure laid the one yesterday. Her comb and waddles are big and VERY red. All the others are still fleshy/pink colored and really small. Is it normal for hens to lay if the comb and waddles aren't very pronounced? The eggs are very different so I doubt that the BR did both.

Attachments

• 20190915_173335.jpg
    20190915_173335.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom