Arizona Chickens

PS How do the Barnvelders do with the heat? I don't think I've ever heard.

I don't really know, as I've never had them before and I got them as younger pullet's early fall. My intention's on those is to breed them into my NN flock and hatch from them, keeping only the chick's that hatch out with the naked neck's from those. They are supposed to lay a darker brown egg and I like the feather pattern's on them. They are the double laced ones.

@BlueBaby I knew the hope behind them but didn't know you hadn't summered them yet. Thanks and good luck.

My hatching egg's were supposed to be shipped to me today. She notified me to let me know there's only 18 instead of the 24, so she will add some Black Copper Maran egg's to let me have my 2 dozen that I have paid for already.

I have no idea, and I never thought to add the Maran's to my mix. I just wanted to get my 2 dozen egg's that I already paid her for, not just the 18.

Well, if you end up not wanting the Marans, I'll buy the chicks from you. I can always add them to my breeding program LOL.

I know a lot of people like Naked Necks, but every time I see one I do a double take. they are the strangest looking things. Makes me want to check them for Mange LOL

Well, if you end up not wanting the Marans, I'll buy the chicks from you. I can always add them to my breeding program LOL.

I know a lot of people like Naked Necks, but every time I see one I do a double take. they are the strangest looking things. Makes me want to check them for Mange LOL

She posted a pic of the maran egg's that she has in a private message to me, and they look like they are the real dark one's. There will only be about 6 of those though. The other 18 will be the Black/Blue/Splash Naked Neck's.

I thought that the NN's were weird looking at first too, and it took a while before I decided to even give them a try. The NN boy's that I have had have been so mello and non-human aggressive. They handle this heat well, and the hen's love to talk to you.

Back
Top Bottom