Arizona Chickens

Murray McMurray hatchery carries them.

I think that it's only the male's there that are available now. I want females too.

With a male you can make a lot of different mixes. Is that the one you wanted me to eat?

No, it's not the one that you can eat. The one I mentioned to you was from the hatch before that hatched on May 10th. It was from out of a different hen.

Barred Holland Chicks at Work in the greenhouse raised bed...
20200811_BHollandChicksAtWork.jpg

View attachment 2286267Here is the looser, he weighed 1 pound at last week's weight check! Your guys are the winners!
I haven't weighed anyone yet - but you were very good at IDing pullets/cockerels at handoff!
I will have to get my postal scale out to see if I can get a weight on some. All males seem about the same size when I handle them. The females must be about 2/3 the size of males or a little less right now.

I haven't weighed anyone yet - but you were very good at IDing pullets/cockerels at handoff!
I will have to get my postal scale out to see if I can get a weight on some. All males seem about the same size when I handle them. The females must be about 2/3 the size of males or a little less right now.
They are pretty easy at 4 weeks! The biggest male here is about 1.25 lbs. He is a winner for the time being. Sadly, the smallest boy got trapped under the feeder somehow, so now I have 12. 5-6 girls -- one is still a little small and dark, but acts like a boy!

They are pretty easy at 4 weeks! The biggest male here is about 1.25 lbs. He is a winner for the time being. Sadly, the smallest boy got trapped under the feeder somehow, so now I have 12. 5-6 girls -- one is still a little small and dark, but acts like a boy!
Too bad about the little one - yes I have a girl that acts a little like a boy too but she doesn't have much of a comb so I think safe to call her a girl so 6 male, 7 females here. I think I'll only be able to keep 3 roosters max - A good-tempered roo to go to my other flock to replace my NN roo (who I can't trust when I turn my back) and 2 best for breeding.

Too bad about the little one - yes I have a girl that acts a little like a boy too but she doesn't have much of a comb so I think safe to call her a girl so 6 male, 7 females here. I think I'll only be able to keep 3 roosters max - A good-tempered roo to go to my other flock to replace my NN roo (who I can't trust when I turn my back) and 2 best for breeding.
Those boss hens are hell on wheels! I am sure that is the case here. She sits with the males. She fights with them, and wins! :lau This is why we like birds, they are so much like us!

Back
Top Bottom