Arizona Chickens

Good news - Parront's okay! Just having Internet/technology issues for last week or so.

Yes, that is good new's! I'm glad that she's ok. It makes you worry a bit because of all of those thing's that have been happening this year. Like I said earlier on the phone, I clicked on her here and seen that she had not signed in since Sept. 14th.

The more you have the more you find
Don't be surprised if your chickens don't like the sand for dusting. In your situation with them being indoor is probably fine. You may opt to take them confined outdoors and let them dust bathe there.
My chickens have an area of sand available,,,,,,,,,,, but never used it. :idunno
This is their preferred spot,,, my campfire pit.
View attachment 2345469
I did make them a kitty litter box w sand and soil.. they went in there to explore, but nope! No bathing! They want to dust bathe in the pine.. 🙄
My focus will be on scooping out the poop tho.. theyll have to figure out what to do with it otherwise! But they get their every other week sink rinse off and pedicures.

Minnie has become quite the ham (or nugget??) With the camera. Here is her VERY close up. Love her cheeksies and new comb! Gotta trim that beak at the next salon session.
20200924_155336.jpg
20200924_155355.jpg
20200924_155349.jpg

Love those pictures of Minnie! It looks like she's saying, "I'm the star, dahling."

How do you trim a beak? Would dog toenail clippers work?

Well, the egg with movement in it now has a name--Swappy, short for Swap Meet Chicken Egg. I hope little Swappy makes it, and has some brothers/sisters/cousins hatch, too.

Yesterday I went back to Tractor Supply to get a heat lamp and bedding, and while my back was turned, a woman took the stuff out of my cart and took off with the cart. When the clerk who was helping me asked her why she did that, she said she needed one, so she took mine. The clerk told her there are carts up front, but she just shrugged and kept going. Amazing. Then the clerk went and got me another cart, and I found where she tossed the stuff that had been in it and put it into the new cart. My brain is spinning just from thinking about it. Well, it's 2020.

Love those pictures of Minnie! It looks like she's saying, "I'm the star, dahling."

Well, the egg with movement in it now has a name--Swappy, short for Swap Meet Chicken Egg. I hope little Swappy makes it, and has some brothers/sisters/cousins hatch, too.

Yesterday I went back to Tractor Supply to get a heat lamp and bedding, and while my back was turned, a woman took the stuff out of my cart and took off with the cart. When the clerk who was helping me asked her why she did that, she said she needed one, so she took mine. The clerk told her there are carts up front, but she just shrugged and kept going. Amazing. Then the clerk went and got me another cart, and I found where she tossed the stuff that had been in it and put it into the new cart. My brain is spinning just from thinking about it. Well, it's 2020.

Too lazy to walk up to the front and get her own cart? I wonder why she didn't grab one when she walked in the door?

People are truly so inconsiderate. Im sorry that happened, it takes a decent day and turns it sour.

Minnie is totally the movie star chicken.. i get the camera out and she actually walks over 🤣 as far as her beak goes, ill just use little kid fingernail clippers. None of the others have the issue, she just must not be karate chopping as much as the others.

Ok i need you guys to help identify chicks 🤣🤣🤣 omg. Tomorrow is kiddos bday, so she now 4 chicks.. chicken math insurance because she can keep 2 once we know who is what! We are using the original very large brooder cage (rabbit hutch).
So... the lady ordered a mix of frizzle bantams, and assorted feather footed bantams...
Question1.... do some feathered feet come in later, rather than hatch time? These are 2 days old.. but 2 dont have feathered feet. I wonder if she got the assorted bantams instead.
Also, i realize you cant really tell who is frizzled just yet... so i went w aiming for poofy feather feet... i don't even know if you can tell who is what at this age.. but.. ill tell you my hopes on 2 🤣
Chick #1, this is mama's pick.. i hope hope hope its a blue cochin, frizzle or not, id be so happy! But now i realize, it could be any blue something.. at least i think its blue..
20200925_161552.jpg

And i swear my hands arent that gigantic, the chicks are teenie tiny! 😆
Chick #2, is this a buff cochin?
20200925_161645.jpg
20200925_161650.jpg

And here are chicks #3&4.. no feather feet.. #3 is just TINY, but already has little flight feathers coming in!!
20200925_161613.jpg
20200925_161608.jpg

#4 has me a little worried.. seems to be walking on its tippy toes.. has fallen over a couple times and couldn't flip itself over. I added sav a chick vitamins and probiotics, dont know if that will help. Everyone is eating and drinking fine.
20200925_161721.jpg
20200925_161706.jpg

Back
Top Bottom