Arizona Chickens

Couldn't you use that VetRX? It's for respiratory function.
I have that and it doesn’t treat respiratory. I is for respiratory but only a preventative. Thank you! A friend just messaged me saying that Mesa feed barn has antibiotics, going there 1st thing..But will still leave up the post, just in case they don’t have any. Last time I went to 3 feed stores, last March none had any.

Last edited:
I have that and it doesn’t treat respiratory. I is for respiratory but only a preventative. Thank you! A friend just messaged me saying that Mesa feed barn has antibiotics, going there 1st thing..But will still leave up the post, just in case they don’t have any. Last time I went to 3 feed stores, last March none had any.

I hope that your flock will be ok.

I hope they have it! if not, could you get liquid clavamox from a local vet?

I hope they have it! if not, could you get liquid clavamox from a local vet?
Yes, don’t want to have to wait for an apt. If they have no openings it would be a waste of time & stress on the chickens. I am plan on going 1st ting to the feed store for the antibiotics, the ones I ordered last week will be here in the afternoon, but don’t want to wait. Thank you.

@City farm
I bookmarked this a few days ago.. i know you have some arriving, but not sure if it would be helpful. They have antibiotica available for shipping.

https://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
Thank you. I will be better prepared for things now. I opened up an area where the rodents were living & traveling. It was under a area I made years ago to grow wheat and greens that they could stand on. They would peck through the chicken wire to get to the greens. Idk, it could be lice 2. I could barley sleep from the worry. Plus all the rain coming, that’s gonna make it worse. I am heading out in a bit to start to put up tarps next to the umbrellas, but you know those silly chickens. Last time they did stay under them and the one area that would keep them dry.

UPDATE; everyone is alive this morning;
instead of doing a new post Mesa Feed Barn or any feed store can not sell antibiotics for fowl, he said per the state of Az says. Got some from my neighbor and have just enough to hold off until it arrives..

Last edited:
Thank you. I will be better prepared for things now. I opened up an area where the rodents were living & traveling. It was under a area I made years ago to grow wheat and greens that they could stand on. They would peck through the chicken wire to get to the greens. Idk, it could be lice 2. I could barley sleep from the worry. Plus all the rain coming, that’s gonna make it worse. I am heading out in a bit to start to put up tarps next to the umbrellas, but you know those silly chickens. Last time they did stay under them and the one area that would keep them dry.
I would throw everything you have on hand at it.. vitsmins, probiotics, vetrx, and then their little systems will be feeling a little better before your antibiotics come in.

I have asthma, and ive used vicks when it just hurts to breathe, and it does help me feel better. I also used it for nerve pain in my foot. I asked the dr if it was psychosomatic that i felt better, and she said no, some of those ingredients are natural analgesics.. so the vetrx might be very similar.

UPDATE; everyone is alive this morning;
instead of doing a new post Mesa Feed Barn or any feed store can not sell antibiotics for fowl, he said per the state of Az says. Got some from my neighbor and have just enough to hold off until it arrives..
I’m sorry to say that once your flock has been sick with a respiratory illness it’s likely that when they are under stress it will come back or they’ll get something else. Keep antibiotics on hand for this time of year if this is when they tend to get sick. It could be almost anything from rodents or wild birds coming into your yard that are passing something, or it could be whatever cropped up last year did so again, or it could be inadequate ventilation in your coop is holding in too much moisture. You might consider backing up that antibiotic treatment with a good sanitation of your coop when the weather warms up. Remove all the litter, scrub, sanitize with something intended for animal enclosures and then put in clean litter. I’m sorry you’re under so much stress about this and I hope you and your flock are ok.

Back
Top Bottom