Arizona Chickens

Morning, everyone is doing better.. So happy, the worry is not a fun place to be. Thank you all for your help. I did put all the ducks in a separate pen so the flock can get their antibiotics. I hung up plastic to give them more dry areas. photo for fun as always.
AE5E3588-FEBA-4F7D-818D-E5E6AF02BF1C.jpeg

Good afternoon AZ. We had some wind yesterday and it knocked over a trash can so I went out to pick up some stuff out of the back yard. The ducks came out to see me and spent some time weeding. I think this one in front is a drake based on voice, just waiting for their next molt to see if he gets a curly tail feather.
01DE054B-4A35-420E-87A0-ACF5050BA2ED.jpeg

And the girls. They both quack and chatter constantly like teenaged girls
6CFFA69F-EC77-4336-AF0F-84C30C4A2BE3.jpeg

I have three more ducklings coming next week since two girls won’t be enough. I guess no chickens for me for a while.

Good afternoon AZ. We had some wind yesterday and it knocked over a trash can so I went out to pick up some stuff out of the back yard. The ducks came out to see me and spent some time weeding. I think this one in front is a drake based on voice, just waiting for their next molt to see if he gets a curly tail feather.
View attachment 2497100
View attachment 2497104

I have three more ducklings coming next week since two girls won’t be enough. I guess no chickens for me for a while.
apparently "duck math" has taken over!

View attachment 2497100
View attachment 2497104

I really love my duck’s, they never get sick & thinking if I loose my flock due to this crap, I’ll get more khaki Campbell ducks.

apparently "duck math" has taken over!
I can’t eat him. He reminds me of either Felix Unger or Mr Rogers with his little vest, standing there like a good boy. Two girls won’t be enough, so I told hubs no chickens with a drake, I’m getting more ducks.

I really love my duck’s, they never get sick & thinking if I loose my flock due to this crap, I’ll get more khaki Campbell ducks.
I’m really enjoying them! I have ducks because I wasn’t having great luck with chickens. Looking back I can see that I would change a few things, but I’m thoroughly enjoying having ducks now and find them as much fun as chickens if not more so.

I’m really enjoying them! I have ducks because I wasn’t having great luck with chickens. Looking back I can see that I would change a few things, but I’m thoroughly enjoying having ducks now and find them as much fun as chickens if not more so.
I bet you'll like them even more, and even more than you liked chickens, once summer comes and your ducks just take a dip in their pool/tub and stand in front of the mister or enjoy you spraying the hose for them!

I bet you'll like them even more, and even more than you liked chickens, once summer comes and your ducks just take a dip in their pool/tub and stand in front of the mister or enjoy you spraying the hose for them!
I hope they have an easier time in summer than my chickens that’s for sure.

I hope they have an easier time in summer than my chickens that’s for sure.
I started with ducks and then got chickens, and that's the big thing I noticed in black canyon---the ducks would just enjoy the mist or the tub/pool, and the chickens hated the mister and would avoid it, and just pant next to the ice bottles.

Back
Top Bottom