Arizona Chickens

We just gave our Bielefelder cockerel to a breeder that had a few girls. August is a really hot month to be shipped, hopefully the mailman will keep them in a cool room if they are stuck overnight. Did not think a hatchery would mail to Az during the summer. Sounds like you have a nice selection.

I would have liked to have got them in September or October, but August 11 was their last hatching date they were all available. Murry McMurry cut off the availability of the breeds I would have bought from them in July, so I went for the later dates from Cackle. Added to my current flock there will be a kaleidoscope of feather and egg colors, lots of eye candy.

You may be able to sell the duck eggs. The Asian community really enjoy them. The last time I was in Lee Lee Market in Tucson, fresh duck eggs were selling for $1.00 each. Looks like you have runners. they are good layers their eggs are the size of large chicken eggs with a green tint to the shells. There are a lot of you tube videos with runners that are fun to watch.
I’ve watched a few yeah! We’ll see how it goes, we don’t even know if we like them. There is a Lee Lee market right around the corner, never knew they were popular. Thanks for the info!

Hey Everyone! I finished my coop mostly(still remodeling the inside) and moved my chickens out there. They are now over 6 weeks old and love being out of the brooder tub i had.
Have you guys used the waterer nipples, and if so how did you like them?
I tried the horizontal nipples. They worked for a while then one of them had a spring give out or something, so it leaked and emptied the bucket. Fortunately I had a backup water source. Whatever your water, remember it's going to be extra cold by Monday or Tuesday---I went to the black canyon property and winterized the water because it's going to be 28 degrees and near freezing for 9 hours or so--phoenix shouldn't be much warmer. For you, I'd make sure you had a way to keep the water from freezing. If your coop is dry and well ventilated you should be OK. Enjoy your chicks!

Gosh, sounds like my kinda chickens..

Do you want them? There's 7 pullet's, and a cockerel of the same age that I haven't heard crow. They were from Murry McMurry's from a July 15th hatch. The pullet's should be starting to lay egg's soon. My other 2 rooster's crow pretty often though, but but they are bigger and I want to keep those 2.

Do you want them? There's 7 pullet's, and a cockerel of the same age that I haven't heard crow. They were from Murry McMurry's from a July 15th hatch. The pullet's should be starting to lay egg's soon. My other 2 rooster's crow pretty often though, but but they are bigger and I want to keep those 2.
You know better than to ask a chicken person if they want more chicken’s, silly girl!

Back
Top Bottom