Arizona Chickens

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
You may be able to sell the duck eggs. The Asian community really enjoy them. The last time I was in Lee Lee Market in Tucson, fresh duck eggs were selling for $1.00 each. Looks like you have runners. they are good layers their eggs are the size of large chicken eggs with a green tint to the shells. There are a lot of you tube videos with runners that are fun to watch.
I’ve watched a few yeah! We’ll see how it goes, we don’t even know if we like them. There is a Lee Lee market right around the corner, never knew they were popular. Thanks for the info!

springvalley123

Crowing
5 Years
May 22, 2015
North of Phoenix
Hey Everyone! I finished my coop mostly(still remodeling the inside) and moved my chickens out there. They are now over 6 weeks old and love being out of the brooder tub i had.
Have you guys used the waterer nipples, and if so how did you like them?
I tried the horizontal nipples. They worked for a while then one of them had a spring give out or something, so it leaked and emptied the bucket. Fortunately I had a backup water source. Whatever your water, remember it's going to be extra cold by Monday or Tuesday---I went to the black canyon property and winterized the water because it's going to be 28 degrees and near freezing for 9 hours or so--phoenix shouldn't be much warmer. For you, I'd make sure you had a way to keep the water from freezing. If your coop is dry and well ventilated you should be OK. Enjoy your chicks!

BlueBaby

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2016
Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
Gosh, sounds like my kinda chickens..

Do you want them? There's 7 pullet's, and a cockerel of the same age that I haven't heard crow. They were from Murry McMurry's from a July 15th hatch. The pullet's should be starting to lay egg's soon. My other 2 rooster's crow pretty often though, but but they are bigger and I want to keep those 2.

City farm

Crowing
8 Years
Jul 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.
Do you want them? There's 7 pullet's, and a cockerel of the same age that I haven't heard crow. They were from Murry McMurry's from a July 15th hatch. The pullet's should be starting to lay egg's soon. My other 2 rooster's crow pretty often though, but but they are bigger and I want to keep those 2.
You know better than to ask a chicken person if they want more chicken’s, silly girl!

springvalley123

Crowing
5 Years
May 22, 2015
North of Phoenix
Morning everyone,
I just got back inside from having to put a tarp over my covered roost. I had noticed in the rain, that the roof had a seam and was leaking. I split the work into two sessions because the last side was right over the nest box and someone was laying her egg. I don't dare even think, though, that It'll be nice when it warms up! I'd take a return to above freezing and no rain and no 8 inches of snow that's forecast, but still enjoying the break from the 100 degree days (except for the few moments freezing my but off winterizing and caring for the flock).

igorsMistress

Crossing the road barefoot.
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
Good afternoon AZ. I happened upon a golf cart for sale near my neighborhood last night and it was still there this morning so we went and got it. I literally drive down to walmart or the gas station maybe once or twice a week and work @ home so this’ll be a nice little vehicle to hop in. It’s not like the a/c cools off by the time we get over there so no point in bothering with that. Cheap on insurance too, less than $100 for a year! We got it home and tarped before the rain hit, which was just a quick downpour and then gone. The duck house is ready for the newbies when they arrive this week. I’m housing them with the bigs and using NIC grids as a barrier to divide the house in half. Runner ducks seem pretty easy in that regard compared to chicks. Anyway, time to get some dinner started. Stay warm and dry all.

Top Bottom