Arizona Chickens

Yeah sort of, I have four pens that open up into a 50X50 run and temporary pens inside the run made out of pallets. My pens are already full of chickens and ducks. But, you know stimulus money needed to be spent. What better way. So? I guess I am adding another pen or two on. Yes, it is a long time to wait had to pick a date when everything was available, and I didn't want to get them in the dog days of summer. This way they can be inside for the first couple of weeks then outside in September.

You won't get any egg's out of them then until spring of 2022.

Omg i think of them just walking in anyone's garage and through a back screen door! Then it was able to hide in thin air... tiny yard and instantly invisible. I warned one guy walking.. but still.. its not like it was gone.
I'd definitely be thinking of rabies, the ones that get into yards, patios etc have probably lost their fear of humans and/or are desperate for food...

I'd definitely be thinking of rabies, the ones that get into yards, patios etc have probably lost their fear of humans and/or are desperate for food...
They have zero fear around here.. everyone walks right past them like they are at the zoo or something. Unless people scare them away, they won't quit.

When I started back into chickens my daughter wanted ducks. We have enjoyed them ever since. Funny with great personalities. My wife found someone who wrote that ducks can turn a teaspoon of water into a mud hole. We can verify that that is a true statement. We don't care for the eggs on their own, but they are great for baking. The higher fat and protein really improves baked items. Now I can't imagine being without them.
I would have to agree on the mud hole. We haven’t yet had the opportunity to try the eggs yet but when we do I’m just not going to tell anyone and use them and see what they say. I hope we like them because I don’t have the ability to keep chickens and ducks and don’t want the hassle of two coops to clean.

Which makes me sad since humans are the ones encroaching on the coyotes territory and then crying when Fifi or Fluffy get eaten.

Good afternoon AZ. I spent some with the ducks this afternoon while they took a swim. The wind started to pick up and it started to cool off quite a bit. We’re going to get them some feeder fish tomorrow and entertain them while I divide the duck house in half before the newbies arrive. Enjoy your weekend everyone!
If you are ever close to my area, I can share duck weed. I keep it growing in another container as a treat for them. I also have mosquito fish in the same container.

Hi All

I haven't been on the site for a while, but I am excited today. I just submitted an order to Cackle for chicks to be delivered in August. Thank you government stimulus money. I am getting some Bielefelders, guinea fowl, silkies and I am really excited about getting a few wheaten cubalayas bantams. Anyone here raising Bielefelders and/or Cubalayas?
We just gave our Bielefelder cockerel to a breeder that had a few girls. August is a really hot month to be shipped, hopefully the mailman will keep them in a cool room if they are stuck overnight. Did not think a hatchery would mail to Az during the summer. Sounds like you have a nice selection.

Back
Top Bottom