Arizona Chickens

I would suggest one thing, reduce the number of chickens to six. That much space is not that much space when the flock is in 24/7.

We could possibly extend it another 4 feet (one more cattle panel) westward. That would make it 20 ft. x 8 ft. for a total of 160 sq. ft., including 64 sq. ft. outside of the tarp (direct sunlight).

We don't want to provide just the bare minimum. Our goal is to get away from factory farm eggs. We want eggs from healthy, happy hens who live in natural, safe, and comfortable conditions, not minimalism. 🐥

We could possibly extend it another 4 feet (one more cattle panel) westward. That would make it 20 ft. x 8 ft. for a total of 160 sq. ft., including 64 sq. ft. outside of the tarp (direct sunlight).

We don't want to provide just the bare minimum. Our goal is to get away from factory farm eggs. We want eggs from healthy, happy hens who live in natural, safe, and comfortable conditions, not minimalism. 🐥
That sounds like a great idea. I understand where you’re coming from, we feel very much the same way. I hope it works out well for you!

Back
Top Bottom