Arizona Chickens

The top dogs of the flock the other day, taking a dirt bath together in the sun. Brown Leghorn, White Rock, and Brown Sex-link. They all get along, until the treat dishes come out. But, they can't guard 2 dishes!

Attachments

• Leghorn, Rock, Brown Sex-link.jpg
    Leghorn, Rock, Brown Sex-link.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
The top dogs of the flock the other day, taking a dirt bath together in the sun. Brown Leghorn, White Rock, and Brown Sex-link. They all get along, until the treat dishes come out. But, they can't guard 2 dishes!
My brown-red d'Uccle looks just like your brown leghorn coloring wise, even the lacing on the brown feathers. I wonder if that might be a bird they used to make that color with. She has a bit of iridescence on the red/gold color in better light. 20210103_152254.jpg

My brown-red d'Uccle looks just like your brown leghorn coloring wise, even the lacing on the brown feathers. I wonder if that might be a bird they used to make that color with. She has a bit of iridescence on the red/gold color in better light.View attachment 2555243
Looks like OEGB also have a brown-red.. maybe that's the source somewhere along the line.

Hey, I was cleaning out the nesting boxes today and then put some more of the burmuda hay in them. Do you know how hard it is to do that with a bunch of Silver Grey Dorking's getting in the box to inspect what you are doing while you are trying to clean it out? :gig
Awww, they just wanted to manage the project. Is the human doing it right? We need a little more hay in this corner....

My brown-red d'Uccle looks just like your brown leghorn coloring wise, even the lacing on the brown feathers. I wonder if that might be a bird they used to make that color with. She has a bit of iridescence on the red/gold color in better light.View attachment 2555243
HOW did you get them to line up for nearly perfect profile pic???? Beautiful!

HOW did you get them to line up for nearly perfect profile pic???? Beautiful!
Hah they were all facing me, then turned around at the moment i took the pic!! They are funny, that's what they do on the sofa.. line up and fall asleep (at least the D'uccles, the cochin is still too excited).

It is a common wild type color of chickens. Good color to hide from hawks, I think.

Back
Top Bottom