Arizona Chickens

That's ok, I wasn't interested in the balut. A roasted duck would be nice, though!
Roasted duck is far better than chicken! The only thing better is roast goose. YUM! I wish I had a good place for another freezer, all of these "Bad Boyz Next Gen" are going to camp there. :drool But, they are super cute right now.:) I took a few over to my neighbor's so her Mom who is 101 and blind could hold one. She had never seen a baby duck! She really had a great time holding them.

Roasted duck is far better than chicken! The only thing better is roast goose. YUM! I wish I had a good place for another freezer, all of these "Bad Boyz Next Gen" are going to camp there. :drool But, they are super cute right now.:) I took a few over to my neighbor's so her Mom who is 101 and blind could hold one. She had never seen a baby duck! She really had a great time holding them.

Wow, it's hard to imagine that someone who has lived that long had never seen or held a baby duck.

I had to go pick up another bag of that chick starter feed that I like for the 4 NN chick's that are in the brooder. Each one of them turned out a different coloring.

Since I seen that Aloha cockerel breeding the NN Aloha hen, I'm thinking that I might soon be incubating egg's again. I need a few more of the NN Aloha girl's, that will be able to keep the NN Aloha happy when he get's going. I want to be able to do both the fully feathered necked Aloha one's, plus the NN Aloha version also.

Wow, it's hard to imagine that someone who has lived that long had never seen or held a baby duck.

I had to go pick up another bag of that chick starter feed that I like for the 4 NN chick's that are in the brooder. Each one of them turned out a different coloring.

Since I seen that Aloha cockerel breeding the NN Aloha hen, I'm thinking that I might soon be incubating egg's again. I need a few more of the NN Aloha girl's, that will be able to keep the NN Aloha happy when he get's going. I want to be able to do both the fully feathered necked Aloha one's, plus the NN Aloha version also.
I think that the NNs have a lot of advantages, especially for people in the desert heat. Too bad people get so hung up on how they look!

I think that the NNs have a lot of advantages, especially for people in the desert heat. Too bad people get so hung up on how they look!
I think people just need to see them more.. i thought they were all yuck when i first saw them, and now, with all of you guys posting pics, they've really grown on me. Now i just need one of you to work on an Aloha NN bantam project! 🥰

When I first heard of them, I didn't like the look's of them neither. I grew to be curious about them, as I heard more about how they could take our desert heat better than some of the other breed's do. In the beginning, I got 3 of them just to try them out. I've had them ever since, and now I breed them too. I have added different females, and swaped out different males, to add gene divercity to my flock of them. It help's to keep them healthier that way and so that there hasn't been inbreeding to cause defect's. I have also chosen the hen's for the egg production of large egg's, plus the boy's are making good sized meat bird's too.

I think people just need to see them more.. i thought they were all yuck when i first saw them, and now, with all of you guys posting pics, they've really grown on me. Now i just need one of you to work on an Aloha NN bantam project! 🥰

If you had the mean's to do that, you would need a bantam sized NN rooster, prefeably a buff colored one that has yellow or light colored leg's, then use a Aloha smaller sized hen to breed them together. I'm not working with the bantam's, as you know.

If you had the mean's to do that, you would need a bantam sized NN rooster, prefeably a buff colored one that has yellow or light colored leg's, then use a Aloha smaller sized hen to breed them together. I'm not working with the bantam's, as you know.
I know... its just a chicken dream 💭🐣 but my girls are keeping me busy here.. evidently they love organic prewashed baby greens.. 🥗

Back
Top Bottom