Arizona Chickens

I just ordered this chicken tractor that is supposed to house 3-5 chickens. It's supposed to be delivered on Monday the 19th. It should house the Dorkings comfortably until the chicken palace is put together if all else fails, but I do plan to work on fencing today. The fencing needs to happen anyway because once the big coop is set up, it will be needed as a run. I'm thinking that by the time he gets the big coop set up and I predator proof it and add the run, quarantine should be close to over and I can put all the chickens in the big coop at once, so there won't be as much of a territory dispute. I'll do it on a day when I'm off work to keep an eye on things.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Cho...m-msg-id=b38603c8-a29e-4a8a-b68a-8d378ceece43

If you go on Craigslist, there are lots of coops and tractors for sale in the Phoenix area.
The Phoenix area is 3-4 hours driving in each direction, and it's already been ordered and is on its way. New coops don't carry the risk of disease, since even if you disinfect, it's possible to miss a spot in the wood somewhere. This is the better option for me.

Last edited:
I just ordered this chicken tractor that is supposed to house 3-5 chickens. It's supposed to be delivered on Monday the 19th. It should house the Dorkings comfortably until the chicken palace is put together if all else fails, but I do plan to work on fencing today. The fencing needs to happen anyway because once the big coop is set up, it will be needed as a run. I'm thinking that by the time he gets the big coop set up and I predator proof it and add the run, quarantine should be close to over and I can put all the chickens in the big coop at once, so there won't be as much of a territory dispute. I'll do it on a day when I'm off work to keep an eye on things.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Cho...m-msg-id=b38603c8-a29e-4a8a-b68a-8d378ceece43
I like that one!! I wish mine had a separate nesting box.. but my girls are small, they have a corner they picked out.

The only weed's we get out in the yard get's weed killer, or dragged under. It was just the principle of them trying to say what you can or can't do in your own house.
Right before I read his part of the article, I was thinking "administrative overreach--ultra vires" (fancy term from paralegal school). Good for him standing up for your citizens' freedoms!

The Phoenix area is 3-4 hours driving in each direction, and it's already been ordered and is on its way. New coops don't carry the risk of disease, since even if you disinfect, it's possible to miss a spot in the wood somewhere. This is the better option for me.
And if you didn't miss a spot, you don't know if something might be resistant to what you're spraying. Good choice!

I was being sarcastic. I can see our founding fathers spinning in their graves like pinwheels at the idea the government would tell you what you can grow and where.
I agree. They abused an "emergency" to do away with the public comment period, from what I gather. And many other Arizona towns apparently got away with doing likewise. This regulation may deal with MJ, but soon enough they'll use this as a precedent for banning hatching of birds in a primary room--the problem is that the govt granted itself control to even look inside your house!

Great article. I like how the idiot said it was in the state law when it clearly wasn’t. Nice to know the elected leaders are making decisions that affect millions on subjects they know absolutely nothing about. They are incapable of allowing people to be free. To be clear, I’m not a fan of MJ, but Your husband is doing the right thing. We wouldn’t want any of that master bedroom grown weed on the streets.
He probably knew he was lying when he made that claim about state law. More bully/tyrant than idiot probably.

Great article. I like how the idiot said it was in the state law when it clearly wasn’t. Nice to know the elected leaders are making decisions that affect millions on subjects they know absolutely nothing about. They are incapable of allowing people to be free. To be clear, I’m not a fan of MJ, but Your husband is doing the right thing. We wouldn’t want any of that master bedroom grown weed on the streets.

You know how it goes, you have to pass a bill to know what's in it, right? I guess they don't want to take the time to read it.

I agree. They abused an "emergency" to do away with the public comment period, from what I gather. And many other Arizona towns apparently got away with doing likewise. This regulation may deal with MJ, but soon enough they'll use this as a precedent for banning hatching of birds in a primary room--the problem is that the govt granted itself control to even look inside your house!

That is correct.

Back
Top Bottom