Arizona Chickens

I would support others growing their own of whatever is legal on their own property, as long as they do not bother other people in the neighborhood. We have a neighbor across the street from us who plays his music so loud that you can not sit in the yard, does not put out his trash on trash day and lets the javalina spread it all over the block. I would much rather he had a crowing rooster and a flock of hens! Another neighbor, has 4 dogs that bark like crazy, they are nice people, just huge huskies that bark the UPS guy, the mail man and every jogger and bike rider 10 times a day! We give these neighbors eggs, and are as nice as pie to them, trying to be good neighbors. But, we have Randy the Roo who crows, so we all have to lump each other's nuisances!

Just got back from a crazy day of running to Show Low, home, then to Flagstaff and back. Here's the sane way to do it: I have a wire dog crate big enough to hold a Great Dane. The Dorkings can be comfortable in it for a few days until the chicken tractor arrives on Monday. As far as the coop run, the guy who is putting the big coop (chicken palace) together thinks he can make a "Fort Knox" run using wood and wire mesh. He charges little or nothing for the wood because he gets it from his buddy who owns a lumber yard, and the ones that aren't nice enough to sell would get thrown out otherwise. Furniture quality wood isn't needed for a chicken run. So I'll let him do it for probably cheaper than I could do it myself.

Just got back from a crazy day of running to Show Low, home, then to Flagstaff and back. Here's the sane way to do it: I have a wire dog crate big enough to hold a Great Dane. The Dorkings can be comfortable in it for a few days until the chicken tractor arrives on Monday. As far as the coop run, the guy who is putting the big coop (chicken palace) together thinks he can make a "Fort Knox" run using wood and wire mesh. He charges little or nothing for the wood because he gets it from his buddy who owns a lumber yard, and the ones that aren't nice enough to sell would get thrown out otherwise. Furniture quality wood isn't needed for a chicken run. So I'll let him do it for probably cheaper than I could do it myself.
Sounds great!

DIY Pluckers -- "Take 2"--
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok it showed up this time. Are you going to make one of those?

Ok it showed up this time. Are you going to make one of those?
Researching to see if my DH wants to make one eventually. Or if anyone is looking for lower cost options you can see some examples. If the commercially produced ones are on backorder or just plain too expensive there are many options if you are/know a handyman or woman.

Really was considering the drill version because it would be easy to make and easy to loan out or bring along on harvest days because almost everyone has a drill.

Researching to see if my DH wants to make one eventually. Or if anyone is looking for lower cost options you can see some examples. If the commercially produced ones are on backorder or just plain too expensive there are many options if you are/know a handyman or woman.

Really was considering the drill version because it would be easy to make and easy to loan out or bring along on harvest days because almost everyone has a drill.
I saw this one being used in a video, it's for quail but it demonstrates the difference that technique can make:
https://www.amazon.com/Plucker-Dril...keywords=quail+plucker&qid=1618339114&sr=8-11

Here's the you tube video:

Back
Top Bottom