Arizona Chickens

I took a picture of my chicken plucker to share with you but my wife won’t let me post it. She said she hadn’t put on any makeup and that dress makes her look fat. I told her it wasn’t the dress but since she’s a little angry, I can’t post the picture right now. But it really is a great chicken plucker, still going strong long after the warranty expired.
Just use the snipping tool. like I did,
image_2021-04-14_011134.png

yes but wouldn't it void the warranty to attach all those plucking fingers to the drum?
There's a video by weed em and reap (I think) on YT that explains why a washing machine is not the best way to start to build one. That YT channel is in Gilbert. They started with a remodeled washing machine and ended up rebuilding it from swamp cooler motor instead. They could have saved a lot of time just starting with the swamp cooler motor and not using a washer.

That's why I'm researching because I was going to start with a washer too - seems logical - but they already made that mistake for me and are humble enough to admit it and even post it for all to see.

Anyway I'll probably just start with a drill plucker - not the washer tub type plucker.

Last edited:
I took a picture of my chicken plucker to share with you but my wife won’t let me post it. She said she hadn’t put on any makeup and that dress makes her look fat. I told her it wasn’t the dress but since she’s a little angry, I can’t post the picture right now. But it really is a great chicken plucker, still going strong long after the warranty expired.
Did you make it or buy it? The plucker, I mean, not the dress!
Either way do you have recommendations on a DIY build or a good buy?

There's a video by weed em and reap (I think) on YT that explains why a washing machine is not the best way to start to build one. That YT channel is in Gilbert. They started with a remodeled washing machine and ended up rebuilding it from swamp cooler motor instead. They could have saved a lot of time just starting with the swamp cooler motor and not using a washer.

That's why I'm researching because I was going to start with a washer too - seems logical - but they already made that mistake for me and are humble enough to admit it and even post it for all to see.
Yes, I love weed em and reap. I like that they live in the same climate as us so they have lots of helpful info on the heat and such.

If you go to YouTube university, the professor of southern engineering builds a fairly spectacular chicken plucker from household items. Adding up the pieces, it probably cost $300-$400 in parts. Craftsmanship points to ~40-60 hours as this is prototype work. That’s probably a $4,300-$4,900. Granted, this is probably the worlds best privately owned plucker, but we’ll just buy the $400 models if we ever need to do more than 5/month. Since we’ve done 5 in the past 10 years...

Anyway I'll probably just start with a drill plucker - not the washer tub type plucker.
yea, the drill bit plucker with a clamp looked like it did a really professional job on the quail in the other video.

Back
Top Bottom