Arizona Chickens

I'm prepping the incubator, too. It's in a different room that's not as warm, and I want the temps and humidity to be perfect to try again. Besides, the girls are laying more eggs than I can eat.

Somebody is selling turkey hatching eggs on Facebook. It's tempting, but I would have no place to keep them and I don't eat meat, so they would be of no use to me. But they look so cool strutting around the yard! Maybe some day I'll get a big one just for fun.

There's lots of clucking and crowing going on as the two groups of chickens check each other out from a distance.

If you do get just 1 turkey later, then make sure that it's a hen. Those Tom's can be mean.

If you do get just 1 turkey later, then make sure that it's a hen. Those Tom's can be mean.
There's not place to put one so I'm not getting one, but this handsome dude was at the poultry show last fall and I think he is one nice looking turkey. I'd love to see one like him strutting around the yard. But, he's a tom.
20201024_092750.jpg

There's not place to put one so I'm not getting one, but this handsome dude was at the poultry show last fall and I think he is one nice looking turkey. I'd love to see one like him strutting around the yard. But, he's a tom.View attachment 2625307

He might not look so bad in my oven for Thanksgiving dinner.

I see some grown turkeys on CL up in Chino Valley/Prescott area lately --$40 or $50 EACH! You have to watch out you're not getting meat turkeys if you aren't going to harvest them. I don't know what kind they are - CL ad only says he THINKS they are heritage breed.

Thinking and knowing are 2 different thing's, right? ;)

I just moved the incubator back to where it was before. The other spot just isn't going to work. I want it to be where I can close the door so when the peeping starts, if it does, curious dogs can't get their noses into the incubator.

The Dorkings spent the afternoon outside in the new chicken tractor, and now they're back in the wire cage on my porch for the night. My two have hearty appetites.

I picked up two bags of DuMor all flock at TSC today, and the line was like something you'd expect to see before Christmas. The chicks were there, but I didn't see the plates that they were using that caused all that trouble. Maybe they changed them out??? The chicks looked bright and alert, and really, really cute.

I'm starting to get confused on chicken feeds. One thread says DuMor is awful, another one says Purina is awful, and still others like those brands. Most of the time I just get what is available, and TSC was unloading a shipment when I got there.

I just moved the incubator back to where it was before. The other spot just isn't going to work. I want it to be where I can close the door so when the peeping starts, if it does, curious dogs can't get their noses into the incubator.

The Dorkings spent the afternoon outside in the new chicken tractor, and now they're back in the wire cage on my porch for the night. My two have hearty appetites.

I picked up two bags of DuMor all flock at TSC today, and the line was like something you'd expect to see before Christmas. The chicks were there, but I didn't see the plates that they were using that caused all that trouble. Maybe they changed them out??? The chicks looked bright and alert, and really, really cute.

I'm starting to get confused on chicken feeds. One thread says DuMor is awful, another one says Purina is awful, and still others like those brands. Most of the time I just get what is available, and TSC was unloading a shipment when I got there.

If your chicken's like that feed, then they will eat it. I have heard of people buying feed that the chicken's didn't like and didn't want to eat it. Just check the ingredient tag that also has the percentages of the neutrician on it to make sure that they are getting what they need.

Somebody is selling motorcycle type helmets for chickens.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/505524000464192/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:115dc74b-f162-4c45-ba88-923930be519e

OK, I've seen the little aprons to protect them from overly amorous roos, but this? Am I missing something here?
When I clicked your link, it took me to my area Facebook marketplace. Anyways, I found these that someone is selling there. I think labeling them as for chickens may be just a gag, or a selling strategy. :old :idunno :gig
image_2021-04-20_011519.png

Opinions are like,,,,,,,,,,,, well the word is synonymous with exhaust. Everybody has one.
My opinion,:gigview is that the feeds are all good. Otherwise they would not be selling.:idunno.... I buy the House Brand available at my feed supply. It has worked fine for over 20+ years so far. I use Alflock pellets. 2% calcium, and I provide Oysters shells free-choice always. I also recycle ALL my spent egg shells back thru my chickens.:highfive:,, I have layers, and Geriatric non-layers. No roosters,,, but roosters fall in line of those needing only 2% calcium.
Like BlueBaby mentioned. If you chickens eat it, have no worries.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom