Arizona Chickens

I'm not a turkey expert, but my understanding is ALL turkeys are MEAT TURKEYS.:gig:old

Of course I know what you are saying,,:hugs.. There are about a dozen different breeds common, when I looked at a site that sells young poults. The price was averaging around $20 each with some on sale for $10. I also read that the TOP TASTING BREED, was the Bourbon Red. Developed breed from Kentucky.

The Broad Breasted White is commercially the most widely used breed of domesticated turkey.
I think it is this breed you are calling a Meat turkey.
View attachment 2626127
Any turkey can be used for meat, yes -- but as you clarified very well, the ones that are bred to be large meat turkey (usually called broad breasted something or mammoth) would be a disappointment if you are wanting it as a pet instead of turkey dinner.

I'm one of those crazy critter people who has to know more than just the ingredients. I want to know how fresh it is, what preservatives are in it, and if the company has had any recalls. I check for recalls before opening a new bag of dog food. For my own food? Whatever. A plate of nachos (eating right now) or a bag of chips is fine.

I don't know why the chicken helmet link didn't work, it works for me. Those helmets are made to look like ladybugs, etc. I guess if you want to take a chicken on a motorcycle ride, you can buy one.

Big Ben is trying to impress the Dorkings. He seems to have figured out that they are pullets. Gotta strut and crow. He reminds me of a few guys I knew in high school.

The mouse lost and became lunch.
How does that work? I’ve heard they eat them but is it a peck and rip or can they get them down?

BTW, I finally put more feed out there for the Dorking clan. They ate up what was out there including the scratch.

my wife gave them some watermelon and she said they were eating it up. And somebody started crowing

How does that work? I’ve heard they eat them but is it a peck and rip or can they get them down?

BTW, I finally put more feed out there for the Dorking clan. They ate up what was out there including the scratch.

my wife gave them some watermelon and she said they were eating it up. And somebody started crowing

They fight over the mouse and rip it out of each other's beak's. The mouse was a small one, so I doubt if they were all able to get a piece of it. It's amazing how fast the flock can move when there is food involved.

If the Dorking boy is crowing now, maybe it's because there aren't anymore boy's over there that are bigger than he is to intimidate him?

They fight over the mouse and rip it out of each other's beak's. The mouse was a small one, so I doubt if they were all able to get a piece of it. It's amazing how fast the flock can move when there is food involved.

If the Dorking boy is crowing now, maybe it's because there aren't anymore boy's over there that are bigger than he is to intimidate him?
When we had two roosters, only the d’uccle (I believe that’s what he was) would crow while the Japanese bantam was always quiet in the mornings. Im assuming the d’uccle was the most dominant one since he was twice the bantams size. Once the bantam was all alone and the only rooster in the flock, he started crowing like crazy in the mornings.

Back
Top Bottom