Arizona Chickens

Yes, I think my Golden Polish is calm because I had her inside in a crate while on vitamins/electrolytes for a couple weeks as a juvenile and spent lots of time with her. I think that is KEY. She is also calm for my husband.

My Polish flock like to be up high so they can look down and see something!... anything! They sleep on top of a homemade crate most of the time - not on the roost branch inside the crate.
I think once everyone is grown, I'll get either a parrot stand or build out a multi perch stand, so the D'uccles and the Polish have something to fly to. The splash cochin seems to be a land lubber! We will see if this next one is a female.. I've heard that the red cochins are mellower, not sure if that is true or not.

Here's my White Crested Black Polish as a chick, I think looks a lot like yours. Also some were a bit more grey and white but all are now solid black bodies with mostly white crests.
Oh very interesting.. ok so the fluff is all very light grey on this one.. but there are definite black spots. As soon as my daughter gets home, ill get a good pic. I just called and they said they got the shipment from Privetts... and according to their site, they offer both blue and black polish bantams! So it could be either...!!

So here are the new baby pics 👶 i think the polish will be black.. very dark back and wingtips.

20210421_154526.jpg
20210421_154648.jpg
20210421_154639.jpg

Now you are going to have to make some more of those chicken diaper's, since your house chicken flock has just grown.
Yes!! I'll have to wait for them to get a little bigger.. they are just so cute! Still a little pasty butt on the polish, I'll keep cleaning it until it goes away. I forget who had pasty butt of the others.. took 2 days of cleaning every few hours, but then it was a non issue. But they are both full of energy and have great appetites. I cannot believe the polish is trying to fly already! Reminds me of the D'uccles!

It's pretty windy out there today. I wonder if I took an umbrella with me out there if I would look like Mary Poppin's?
Maybe!! It pulled off one of the poles on my ramada covers.. I'll fix it once the wind is over.

Ok.. we have names 🥁 continuing the disney theme...
Flower 🦨 for the polish (from bambi) and Ariel, from the little mermaid 🧜‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom