Arizona Chickens

So, I got some Sandhill chicks today! Only 4 of the Red Dorkings, and he put in a note that the White Rocks I ordered will be sent when they hatch. So, I did get:
5 Barred Hollands
3 Cuckoo Marans
2 Exchequer Leghorns
4 Red Dorkings
10 RIR - Old school very dark red, according to the description
4 Welbar - looks like 1 male and 3 female, they are auto sexing. Very cool.
I put in for a mix, along with the RIR and Dorkings and Hollands. 28 very cool babies!
You can see the goofy Dorking feet. Too bad I did not get them all at once, it would be easier to brood them all together. Those were the White Rocks that I wanted to compare with the ones I got from Ideal, to see if they are bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6132.JPG
    IMG_6132.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 2
@Parront Those aren't goofy feet, they are uniquely cute. Wait until you see them walking once they get a bit bigger. Those silkies have the toes like that, but they are hidden by all of those feather's on the feet.
They walk different even now! They are extremly cute! Out of 4, I can hope for a pair. There are just too many cool chickens out there, I did not plan on Welbars in the mix, but I can see the coolness of them. They are super easy to tell apart. Big dot and much lighter on the male. Lays a dark egg like a Welsummer and supposed to be pretty like a Bielefelder. But, I am having trouble even keeping one rooster! :th

Attachments

• IMG_6148.JPG
    IMG_6148.JPG
    696.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6144.JPG
    IMG_6144.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 2
It is because the cost of feed is up. I am paying $1 more per bag of all the feed I get. Corn prices are way up, side effect of Covid messing up the farmers, and crappy weather.

It's also because of all of the taxes that going up, and the inflation of the money because of all of that free money that they handed out. It's being passed unto the consumer's.

Edit: Why would people want to go back to work when they can stay at home or go have fun with the free stimulus check's being sent out?

It's also because of all of the taxes that going up, and the inflation of the money because of all of that free money that they handed out. It's being passed unto the consumer's.

Edit: Why would people want to go back to work when they can stay at home or go have fun with the free stimulus check's being sent out?
We were just talking about this at work today. Many places need workers, but people get paid more to stay home and sit on their posteriors so they won't even apply for the jobs.

Yesterday was Day 12. I candled when adding more water. Of the 3 Dorking eggs, one is clear and one is less developed than the third one. I don't know if the less developed one is still viable. Of the 5 Leghorn eggs, same story. One is clear and one is less developed than the others. Fingers crossed for 4-6 chicks from my little hatch. Next time I candle, the clear eggs are coming out. No sense in leaving them in to break and give the incubator a bad odor.

Back
Top Bottom