Arizona Chickens

Somebody on Facebook Marketplace has a chicken tractor listed, and I sent them a PM. No response yet, but it is Mother's Day.

I've been trying to get ahold of the guy that said he would put the big coop back together again with no luck. If he doesn't get back to me soon, I'll ask someone else to get the job done.

The eggs are due to hatch on Friday. Must. Have. More. Chicken. Housing. Not less chickens.

To think that some dude giving me a dozen fertile eggs last fall started all this.

That mean's that you start your lock-down on Wednesday for your hatch. Good luck!
I just had to add water, and candled again for the last time. Three Leghorn eggs are completely dark, and one Dorking egg is about 3/4 of the way dark. Two eggs have blood rings and are about 1/2 dark. Looks like 3-4 chicks at this point.

I've been reading about how easily newly hatched chicks can drown themselves. What's the safest way to provide water for them?

I just had to add water, and candled again for the last time. Three Leghorn eggs are completely dark, and one Dorking egg is about 3/4 of the way dark. Two eggs have blood rings and are about 1/2 dark. Looks like 3-4 chicks at this point.

I've been reading about how easily newly hatched chicks can drown themselves. What's the safest way to provide water for them?
Either use one of those chick waterer's, or use a small shallow dish with some marbles in it. I use a chick waterer.

Either use one of those chick waterer's, or use a small shallow dish with some marbles in it. I use a chick waterer.
Is this the right kind? If so, I'm all set! :) 20210509_192552.jpg

I have another one similar to it, but with a red plastic trough that goes around it to hold water. This one is probably best used for feed, but there's less area for the chick to drown itself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom