Arizona Chickens

Our well water is getting low. We are enjoying the green grass while it lasts!
I hope your well doesn't go fry!

I can smell the smoke from the Copper Canyon fire this morning. Glad they have it under control. Seven years ago this month I had to run from the Slide Fire south of Flagstaff. I Had to pack up the SUV with a broken finger and ash coming down.

Last edited:

I can smell the smoke from the Copper Canyon fire this morning. Glad they have it under control. Seven years ago this month I had to run from the Slide Fire south of Flagstaff. I Had to pack up the SUV with a broken finger and ash coming down.
It will pretty soon unless it rains. With no monsoon last year it was dry in May. 😒

It will pretty soon unless it rains. With no monsoon last year it was dry in May. 😒

A short video on how to recharge a well. Running them dry is day fro a well. Very bad. The overuse of well water in the San Jauquin Valley has actually lowered the land elevation by 32 feet, compacting the clay. It will take centuries fro that water to flow through that soil again.

A short video on how to recharge a well. Running them dry is day fro a well. Very bad. The overuse of well water in the San Jauquin Valley has actually lowered the land elevation by 32 feet, compacting the clay. It will take centuries fro that water to flow through that soil again.
Our well is only about 15 feet deep and by the creek. Really just surface water.

I'm hoping for a calmer wildfire season this year. I have enough crates but don't want to put an otherwise sweet but screeching cat in the car with hubby with all his problems.

I'm hoping for a calmer wildfire season this year. I have enough crates but don't want to put an otherwise sweet but screeching cat in the car with hubby with all his problems.
We are 1.5 miles from the Courthouse Square, so I hope we never have a fire here. All of Prescott would have to evacuate if we have to go!

Here is a cute chick pic, the 2 Exchequer Leghorns are the white chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    541.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom