Arizona Chickens

What about the males? How soon can you pick out the males on the Aloha color? I really like the light males on these Welbars I got by chance. Looks like I got 2 male and 2 female, time will tell.
Males you can usually tell by 3 weeks. Though there full color will not come in until they are 5 months old

Does anyone know if @Geckolady is ok? She's too quiet this morning, and I know that she mentioned a fire up there near her?
Yep, me being quiet is suspicious. :cool:

The fire I ran from was in 2014, and the smoke from the current one travels a long way. That's why we can smell it here. No danger, but thanks for asking.

Sounds like 2 little Exchequer Leghorns would be a great fit with a small hatch! ;)
If they're girls, I could use them. Big Ben is thinning out the girls' feathers on their backs near their tails and on their necks with all his loving attention. No bald spots, just getting a little thin there. I can't wait until the larger coop is done, because with the Dorkings, he would have 5 girls to spread his attention around. And more Leghorns would be helpful.

The dogs were barking a few minutes ago, so I went to see what was going on. Workers from the power company were cutting weeds and spraying for weeds around the power poles. I was surprised to see anyone here. So I guess they're taking precautions.

I'm glad that you are ok. I had to go to Tempe and Chandler this afternoon with my DH.

I guess that they are cutting yours down, is because of that wild fire I think it was last year. I think the people sued them because of it?

I'm glad that you are ok. I had to go to Tempe and Chandler this afternoon with my DH.

I guess that they are cutting yours down, is because of that wild fire I think it was last year. I think the people sued them because of it?
Wasn't that in California? But it's nice that they were taking precautions.

Good news--Whisper has gone more than a week without laying an egg with blood on it. She was off to a rough start, but now her eggs are the same size as the others and blood free. :)

If they're girls, I could use them. Big Ben is thinning out the girls' feathers on their backs near their tails and on their necks with all his loving attention. No bald spots, just getting a little thin there. I can't wait until the larger coop is done, because with the Dorkings, he would have 5 girls to spread his attention around. And more Leghorns would be helpful.
They are St. Run, do not know the sex yet. I do have 2 laying Brown Leghorns I would be willing to sell to a good home. I have these new chicks and want to keep some of them, so would like to make room.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    890.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom