Arizona Chickens

If you look closely at the bottom of the egg in the center, you can see a little pip. It's moving!!! OMG, now what do I do?!?!! :eek:
20210514_142344.jpg

I put the laptop next to the incubator and it's playing a video of chicks chirping. Somebody said their chicks worked harder at hatching when they had it on, so I decided to do the same. Hatching music! Come on, little ones!

So far, no sounds from the incubator. Maybe the chicks on line are chirping so much they can't get a word in.

I put the laptop next to the incubator and it's playing a video of chicks chirping. Somebody said their chicks worked harder at hatching when they had it on, so I decided to do the same. Hatching music! Come on, little ones!

So far, no sounds from the incubator. Maybe the chicks on line are chirping so much they can't get a word in.

As long as it's still moving, it's alive!

Hi everybody :) my chicks have been keeping me so occupied lately. They’ve gotten so big and I think this weekend we’ll introduce them to my older hens. They’ve been within eyesight of eachother for a few weeks so hopefully it’s nothing crazy! It’s good to hear that everyone near the fire is staying safe and healthy. This heat is no joke, I’ve been going out daily and wetting the dirt and grass so it stays cooler out in the run. I’m thinking of buying a kiddie pool so they can keep their feet cool when it’s hot. @Geckolady i hope your hatch goes smoothly! I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of them :)

Hi everybody :) my chicks have been keeping me so occupied lately. They’ve gotten so big and I think this weekend we’ll introduce them to my older hens. They’ve been within eyesight of eachother for a few weeks so hopefully it’s nothing crazy! It’s good to hear that everyone near the fire is staying safe and healthy. This heat is no joke, I’ve been going out daily and wetting the dirt and grass so it stays cooler out in the run. I’m thinking of buying a kiddie pool so they can keep their feet cool when it’s hot. @Geckolady i hope your hatch goes smoothly! I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of them :)

I've been putting ice in my waterer's out there for them. I washed out some cottage cheese containers, and use them to put water in for freezing into chunk's of ice for it.

It can take up to 24 hours from pip to zip. If you look closely you will see the chicks mouth moving like it is swallowing. In fact that movement means it is absorbing the yolk into its body and is not ready to enter the world any further yet.

Back
Top Bottom