Arizona Chickens

Potful:old:gig

Small pot anyways :idunno :confused:

Naah, I couldn't eat my good boy. He wrote the book on being a good rooster.

HOW TO STAY OUT OF THE STEWPOT
by Big Ben

Chapter 1. Be nice to your humans. Welcome having your feathers stroked, and never ever attack them.

Chapter 2. Always protect your hens. Nothing flapping on the clothesline has gotten to my girls with me on duty.

Chapter 3. Fertilize those eggs! You should see my chicks--smartest kids on the block. Oh, and they're pretty, too.

Chapter 4. Be a hero if you can. Ask me how I woke the entire place the night of the neighbor's fire.

Chapter 5. Be amusing. Pounce on watermelon and argue with little motion sensor roosters.

Chapter 6. Show off your handsomeness. Strut and crow, especially when you see hens off in the distance. Give everyone the opportunity to admire you.

Chpater 7. Call your hens when there's something good to eat. The poor girls might starve without your efforts.

Couldn't read the rest to translate it--it was all pretty much chicken scratch.

I see that you have to use distilled water for it, but that's ok because we already had some here. My DH uses that for his CPAP machine.

At least you won't need to make a special trip to the store to get some. Now you can hatch some red Dorking eggs! :D

They had evacuations over in Snowflake, Taylor, and Shumway because Silver Creek and the Little Colorado River flooded. Other areas flooded too, but I drive through Snowflake and Taylor often. They're saying that people keep stealing the signs they put up to warn drivers not to go down flooded roads. What sort of person would even do that? :mad:

Here at the top of my little hill, the pond has water again. If it stayed full instead of only having water once every several years, I'd probably get some ducks.

Last edited:
At least you won't need to make a special trip to the store to get some. Now you can hatch some red Dorking eggs! :D

They had evacuations over in Snowflake, Taylor, and Shumway because Silver Creek and the Little Colorado River flooded. Other areas flooded too, but I drive through Snowflake and Taylor often. They're saying that people keep stealing the signs they put up to warn drivers not to go down flooded roads. What sort of person would even do that? :mad:

Here at the top of my little hill, the pond has water again. If it stayed full instead of only having water once every several years, I'd probably get some ducks.

Those red Dorking's aren't here yet, and the pullet isn't old enough to lay egg's yet anyway's. Speaking of that, I set up the 360 last night to test it out first. It's holding the temp good, but the humidity is reading 66%. That's a bit too high for it I was to put the egg's in there during the first day's before the lockdown.

I don't know who would steal those sign's like that. I guess it's someone that just want's to be mean or something. It seems that some people are ignoring sign's that they do see anyway's, because I see them on the new's stuck in the water.

Those red Dorking's aren't here yet, and the pullet isn't old enough to lay egg's yet anyway's. Speaking of that, I set up the 360 last night to test it out first. It's holding the temp good, but the humidity is reading 66%. That's a bit too high for it I was to put the egg's in there during the first day's before the lockdown.
If you wait until after the monsoon season, would you still have such high humidity? Could you use a dry towel to absorb moisture?
I don't know who would steal those sign's like that. I guess it's someone that just want's to be mean or something. It seems that some people are ignoring sign's that they do see anyway's, because I see them on the new's stuck in the water.
That's just awful. What if someone went through the water (because the signs were stolen?) Those people who bypass the signs, have to pay for their rescue I heard a long time ago.

If you wait until after the monsoon season, would you still have such high humidity? Could you use a dry towel to absorb moisture?

Yes, I suppose that I could try that. I have an 18 pack of my freshest egg's sitting on the counter and I haven't gone out there to see if there are more from today yet. Maybe I'll try to set them and maybe I won't.

Yes, I heard that they would have to pay for the rescue also, not to mention that the vehicle insurance won't pay them or replace the lost vehicle for stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom