Arizona Chickens

They will grow, but everyone says not to bother. They say there's something in the soil in New Mexico that makes Hatch chilis taste so good, and it's not in our soil. Vendors have been selling them along the sides of the road, and they're available at Bashas'. Might as well enjoy them while they're here. They freeze pretty well.
I bet the naysayers are the people selling the New Mexico-grown chilis!

X's 2, Navy style. Navy brat here!
I wasn't a Navy brat. I used to add cream and sugar when I was younger, but that first cup would sometimes taste funny because I would sometimes add too much of one or the other to the coffee. I got used to drinking it just black and unsweetened because every cup all tastes the same now. ;)

You might want to try this one for a homemade version of them?

https://thecozycook.com/copycat-red-lobster-cheddar-bay-biscuits/

@cavemanrich If you notice about that one, you can also freeze some of them, and it also tell's you how to reheat the one's that you froze.
I copied that recipe, and will give it a try. :old :thumbsup

The first time I made them, I used cupcake tin to make. Easy-poesy. I will try this time on a cookie sheet free-form.
Not likely need to freeze , since I usually bake stuff when some of my offspring are due to visit,,,,, and they take a helping home with them,,, :highfive:
They say,,,,, "daddy,,,, this tastes:drool soooo gooood" Nor really sure if they really mean it,,,, or just don't want to hurt my feelings:old:gig:gig
They do continue to taking home though. :wee

I copied that recipe, and will give it a try. :old :thumbsup

The first time I made them, I used cupcake tin to make. Easy-poesy. I will try this time on a cookie sheet free-form.
Not likely need to freeze , since I usually bake stuff when some of my offspring are due to visit,,,,, and they take a helping home with them,,, :highfive:
They say,,,,, "daddy,,,, this tastes:drool soooo gooood" Nor really sure if they really mean it,,,, or just don't want to hurt my feelings:old:gig:gig
They do continue to taking home though. :wee
I ate 4 of them last night at the Red Lobster, so I bet they were telling you the truth!

When I first read Hatch Chili, I thought it was a misspelled word meaning Hot Chili.
So I looked it up.
image_2021-08-25_122500.png

Sure enough it is correct. :old:thumbsup
This brings me back to when DW purchased some a while back at the produce department,,,,,, thinking they were sweet banana peppers.
She made them like she would the sweet ones,,,,,, and could not believe the BANDITS were HOT.:mad::gig
DW cant handle the Hot Spice to the level I can. ,,,

When I first read Hatch Chili, I thought it was a misspelled word meaning Hot Chili.
So I looked it up.
View attachment 2811001
Sure enough it is correct. :old:thumbsup
This brings me back to when DW purchased some a while back at the produce department,,,,,, thinking they were sweet banana peppers.
She made them like she would the sweet ones,,,,,, and could not believe the BANDITS were HOT.:mad::gig
DW cant handle the Hot Spice to the level I can. ,,,
We lived in Las Cruces for about a year and a half. Fields and fields of them. At every Mexican Food restaurant they ask "Red or Green?"

Back
Top Bottom