Arizona Chickens

The Dorkings went into the new coop this morning!!! I put a ceramic egg into each of the four nest boxes, and here are Dora and Mari looking to see whose eggs they might be. Daffodil is checking out the new ramp.
20210904_104654.jpg
20210904_104636.jpg

Big Ben is keeping the Leghorn girls company. Maybe someday I'll get a silver grey Dorking roo. Or maybe when Gabriel gets big enough to hold his own, he can have them as his harem.

Mari is the smallest of the four, but she immediately put the two pullets in their place. I haven't attached the 1/4" hardware cloth outside the run yet, but the ground is so hard I can't break it with a shovel, so I don't think anything could dig under. And they will be inside the coop, which is set on top of a concrete slab, when I'm not home and at night. And I've never seen a raccoon out here, so they should be fine. I found evidence of a mouse having been in the coop in the last few days, but the Dorkings could always use a high protein snack. :cool:

Big Ben is keeping the Leghorn girls company. Maybe someday I'll get a silver grey Dorking roo. Or maybe when Gabriel gets big enough to hold his own, he can have them as his harem.

Mari is the smallest of the four, but she immediately put the two pullets in their place. I haven't attached the 1/4" hardware cloth outside the run yet, but the ground is so hard I can't break it with a shovel, so I don't think anything could dig under. And they will be inside the coop, which is set on top of a concrete slab, when I'm not home and at night. And I've never seen a raccoon out here, so they should be fine. I found evidence of a mouse having been in the coop in the last few days, but the Dorkings could always use a high protein snack. :cool:
I put bait in a PVC tube, so the chickens can't get to it, I use the green squares ( I forget the name). Dead mouse in the yard today. Hens did not peck it, I put it in the trash!

So much for the guy's dove hunting yesterday evening. One of the dog's went after a falling dove and ended up stirring up a hive of bee's that came after them and stung them. Then my DH wrecked the pickup truck when a hole in the dirt road opened up and sunk the the front passenger side and broke the steering mechanism. He had to pay $185.00 to have it towed back home maybe 5 or 6 miles. He skinned up his arm pretty bad, so I had to play doctor with it too.

As long as snakes don't get in there you might be ok.

So much for the guy's dove hunting yesterday evening. One of the dog's went after a falling dove and ended up stirring up a hive of bee's that came after them and stung them. Then my DH wrecked the pickup truck when a hole in the dirt road opened up and sunk the the front passenger side and broke the steering mechanism. He had to pay $185.00 to have it towed back home maybe 5 or 6 miles. He skinned up his arm pretty bad, so I had to play doctor with it too.
Whoa! I hope everybody recovers fast!

Yes, me too! I usually drive the Ram pickup truck that he wrecked though, as I prefer it over the Cherokee. The Cherokee has too many bell's and whistles on it that confuse me.
Maybe you need a Smart Car? No bells or whistles! Great mileage, holds 4 50 pound bags of chicken feed, if you do not bring your guy!

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    438 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom