Arizona Chickens

I got a call on phone from a guy who just sold his house (my nieghbor gave him my number). He has about 25 laying hens (~1.5 years old) and 17 geese (~ 1 year old) if anyone is interested in them. That is all the detail I know on the flock. I have his phone number if anyone is interested - let me know! He is in the Prescott and Chino Valley area I believe.

Something I found on the internet:

It was in 2 places, so it might be making its rounds, too! :D

213819704_4034124600019534_1891686535364213112_n.jpg

I got a call on phone from a guy who just sold his house (my nieghbor gave him my number). He has about 25 laying hens (~1.5 years old) and 17 geese (~ 1 year old) if anyone is interested in them. That is all the detail I know on the flock. I have his phone number if anyone is interested - let me know! He is in the Prescott and Chino Valley area I believe.
I hope that he can find someone that want's to take them. One of my neighbor's just asked me a bit ago to let her know when I have some good layer pullet's available again. She doesn't like the NN one's though. She's the one that bought my 5 Aloha pullet's a couple of week's ago or so. I was bringing her some extra egg carton's that I had when she asked me.

I hope that he can find someone that want's to take them. One of my neighbor's just asked me a bit ago to let her know when I have some good layer pullet's available again. She doesn't like the NN one's though. She's the one that bought my 5 Aloha pullet's a couple of week's ago or so. I was bringing her some extra egg carton's that I had when she asked me.

If she wants chickens, this might be a nice find for her. :) Hope he can rehome all those birds.

I don't free-range mine neither. My coop sit's on the ground with the run attached to it. The run is made up of used horse panel's with the horse panel's covering the top also. We attached 2 X 4 inch welded wire over the top, side's, and ran it 2 1/2 feet below the ground on the side's. (The below ground also includes around the coop too.) Then we attached chicken wire over the top of the run part because the dove's were still getting in. We attached some board's over the top to help with shade and to help keep the end by the coop dryer during time's of rain. So far, the only critter's that have managed to get in there have been ant's and a couple of rat snakes.

This is helpful, thanks. Did you hit caliche when you dug down 2 1/2 feet?

This is helpful, thanks. Did you hit caliche when you dug down 2 1/2 feet?
The whole ground is full of caliche, not just when you dig down 2 1/2 feet. We used one of those ditch digger's that we borrowed from one of our friend's to dig it where we wanted the welded wire to go down at. Then we just dropped our prepared sections of the horse panel's down in there. When we had it all set up the way that we wanted it to be, then we just shoveled the dirt back in and packed it back down. Then we went to work on fixing the top of the pen.

Back
Top Bottom