Arizona Chickens

in some areas, the mouse poop & pee carries hanta virus, so be careful. If you have any food in the lower cabinets in plastic or the original boxes/bags, the mice might be feeding on them. Usually they get in thru the opening around a drain or water pipe under the sink.
Yes, hantavirus can be deadly - my dad worked on the Navajo Reservation and the school principle's grown daughter, a tribal member in her 30's, died from it around the time he was there in 2005.

Not true, I have had javelina attack and eat chickens. When the state vet was out she confirmed that Javelina are omnivores and would and have attacked livestock and have been found eating them.
It makes sense that javalina are omnivores - I know they are not a true pig but pigs will eat chicken and almost anything.

Flocks are doing great - I shuffled my 4 Polish and 4 Minorca flocks that were separate from the rest because of getting picked on.

They are now at a friend's farm in Wadell. They home school and the daughter is probably going to be a vet one day. She told her mom the week before that they were down to only 7 chickens and needed more - that was just before I offered them to her mom. They have 3 baby goats that the daughter helped deliver and a rescue horse she is training.

I feel like I have a half hour vacation everyday now that I have empty pens from those 2 groups! I miss them but they are so much better off down in the Phx area!

Flocks are doing great - I shuffled my 4 Polish and 4 Minorca flocks that were separate from the rest because of getting picked on.

They are now at a friend's farm in Wadell. They home school and the daughter is probably going to be a vet one day. She told her mom the week before that they were down to only 7 chickens and needed more - that was just before I offered them to her mom. They have 3 baby goats that the daughter helped deliver and a rescue horse she is training.

I feel like I have a half hour vacation everyday now that I have empty pens from those 2 groups! I miss them but they are so much better off down in the Phx area!
You have 2 empty coop's? Whatever will you fill them up with now? :gig

Back
Top Bottom